LITTLE DARK AGE

"The image of the dead, dead ends in my mind"

*                *               *

   Bella scrunched her nose as she downed a shot as Emily and Penelope cheered her on. Emily patted her on the back before downing a shot herself. JJ widened her eyes and laughed. Looking over to her left, Bella rolled her eyes at the sight of Aurora flirting with a much older man.

   "Look at my sister," Bella groaned. "That guy looks like he's 50, SHE'S 22!"

   Emily laughed, "She's just trying to have fun, Bells! Don't be an overprotective sister for one night."

   Ignoring Emily, Bella looked back over at Aurora, "RORY! HEY, RORY! YEAH OVER HERE! UH-CAN YOU COME JOIN US AGAIN? WE'RE HAVING ALL THE FUN WITHOUT YOU!"

   Aurora widened her eyes in shock before whispering something to the man. She turned on her heel and walked back over to Bella, gripping the beer in her hands. Bella smirked mischievously as Aurora approached the group again.

   "What was the point of that?" she asked.

   "He is WAY too old for you," Bella said. "There's a really sweet guy who works in the linguistics department of the FBI, he's single! His name is...John? No! It's Josiah. He can't be any older than 28, I think you'd really like him!"

   "I've met him before!" Penelope exclaimed. "He's the one with the really nice hair."

   Aurora raised her eyebrows, "Well do you have his number?"

   "I can get it for you," Bella smiled. 

   "Hm...well if he's not here right now and you don't have a phone number for me...then I guess I'm allowed to go home with anyone else."

   Aurora turned on her heel to go back to the man before Bella caught her wrist, tugging her back. Aurora pulled her hand away and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

   "You need to stop going home with random men, Rory," Bella slurred. "They could be a murderer."

   "Oh stop it, Isabella," Aurora laughed. "He's an English professor, I don't think there's anything more innocent than that."

   "Rory, I'm serious."

   "You have a boyfriend and have all the sex that you want. I don't have a boyfriend but I still want to have all the sex that I want. Is that ok? Or do I have to ask for your permission?"

   Emily, JJ, and Penelope gasped before letting out loud laughs. Bella scowled as Aurora smirked at her, skipping off to go talk to the man again. Bella grabbed Emily's beer and took a sip of it, causing Emily to laugh even harder. 

   "Tell me," Emily laughed. "Is the innocent Dr. Reid really innocent? Or is it all just a facade?" 

   Penelope laughed and clapped her hands together, "Oh my gosh, I don't even want to imagine it. I can't imagine it. I feel all icky now."