A HARD DAY'S NIGHT

"You know I feel alright"

Episode: Extreme Aggressor (Season 1, Episode 1)

*               *               *

"It's nice to meet you, Agent Hotchner," Bella said, giving the man with a permanent frown a firm handshake.

   "Likewise," he said, his grip causing Bella's hand to ache in pain. "Also, you can just call me Hotch. Now, have you met the rest of the team?"

   "I've met Dr. Reid and Agent Gideon but that's it."

   "Well Agent Morgan is currently out right now, but I can introduce you to the other female members of the team."

   "Sounds good!"

   Bella trailed behind Hotch as he led her to small office down the hall. He knocked on the door and let himself inside, "JJ?"

   Inside Bella noticed a blonde woman filling out paperwork, her flamingo colored shirt showing off a small coffee stain on the sleeve. She looked up to notice the new agent, giving a bright smile and extending her hand.

   "Hi," she said, Bella walking over to shake her hand. "I'm Jennifer Jareau, but everyone here just calls me JJ."

   "Nice to meet you!" Bella smiled. "I'm Bella Snow."

   "Dr. Bella Snow actually," Hotch interrupted.

   Bella smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "You don't have to call me doctor."

   JJ chuckled, "No problem."

   "JJ is our communications liaison," Hotch continued, his voice remaining stern. "She presents cases and basically controls the media. You never want that to get out of hand."

   "Wow!" Bella exclaimed. "You usually see serial killers get nicknames in the media, typically fueling their ego causing them to continue to murder. Psychopaths get off on the fact that they are gaining fame and recognition for their crimes." 

   Hotch and JJ exchanged glances with a grin. They felt like they were looking at the genius Spencer Reid. But this one has stomach length wavy blonde hair, dimples, and was no taller than 5'1". Bella gulped and shifted, offering an apology.

   "No need to apologize," Hotch said in a kind tone. "Come on, I'll introduce you to our technical analyst."

   Bella and JJ bid their goodbyes to each other before Bella followed Hotch out the door. She trailed while quietly observing the ins and outs of the BAU. Agents nodded at her as she passed by them, some assuming she was Hotch's niece taking a tour. No one was used to young faces in this career.

   "Garcia," Hotch said, opening up a door to an office filled with what seemed to be every computer on Earth. "This is Dr. Bella Snow, today is her first day on the team."