WHEN SHE LOVED ME

"And when she was happy so was I, when she loved me"

*               *               *

   The team was completely silent as they made their way through the apartment building, their guns drawn. Derek motioned for them to move, their steps quiet and their breathing barely even there. This was the day they finally took down a serial killer who had been wanted for the past 12 years. It was time to finally put an end to this. 

   Finally reaching his apartment, Derek looked at the team before getting a nod from Hotch. He inhaled sharply and kicked down the door with all the strength in him, the team quickly moving in and stating that they're the FBI. 

   They moved about his apartment, checking behind curtains and underneath beds. Bella furrowed her eyebrows as they continued to look, wondering if he was even there. The team slowly began to lower their guns as they continued to search, not being able to find the deranged killer. 

   Spencer sighed and lowered his gun. He rounded a corner and was quickly met with an excruciating amount of force. He fell to the ground, his head spinning as blood trickled down his forehead. His vision started to go blurry, darkness and dancing dots starting to cloud it. He felt himself sinking into a pit of darkness and nothingness, his entire body feeling light. 

   "Spencer!" he heard Bella yell. "Spencer! Spence! SPENCE!" 

*               *               *

   "Spencerrrrrrr," another voice continued. "Spencer? Hello? SPENCER!"

   Opening his eyes, Spencer jumped slightly. He was sitting at his desk at the BAU, the air around him feeling different. He looked around confused, wondering how he managed to get there. Inhaling the scent of strong coffee, he looked over to his left and yelped. He leaped out of his chair and backed up.

   "What...what are you doing here?" Spencer managed to push out.

   "Uh...I work here," Elle answered, still looking the same since the last day Spencer saw her. "Reid, are you on something? First, you fall asleep and now you're asking why I'm here. Can you believe this?"

   "Not at all," JJ answered, walking up to the two. She looked up at Spencer and smiled before planting a kiss on his cheek. Spencer jumped back, pushing the woman off of him. 

   "JJ!" he exclaimed. "What the hell are you doing?" 

   JJ furrowed her eyebrows, "I can't kiss my boyfriend anymore? Since when did that become a thing?"

   "Boyfriend?" Spencer almost shrieked. "What? I'm not your boyfriend! What the hell is going on right now?"

   Elle and JJ looked at each other in utter confusion, the two women questioning if Spencer was drunk. JJ widened her eyes and cleared her throat.