SPARKS

"I'll always look out for you"

*                 *               *

Derek laughed and handed Bella a cotton candy cosmopolitan, giving her a wink, "To the birthday girl, may your first legal drink be as classy and lovely as you are."

   The team laughed and cheered, raising their own drinks in the air. Bella smiled and held up her drink as well before taking a sip of the drink, she wrinkled her nose slightly but ultimately didn't mind the taste. Derek patted her on the back and took a seat on the barstool next to her.

   "How does it feel to FINALLY be 21?" Penelope asked, taking a sip of her second margarita of the night. Derek threw his arm over her shoulder and took a swig of his ice cold beer.

   "It feels...liberating?" Bella answered, swallowing some of her cosmopolitan. The team smiled and laughed, Hotch gripping his beer.

   Spencer took a sip of his beer, trying to hide his detest for it. He had always hated the taste of beer, and even alcohol in general. He could never understand how someone could sit down and enjoy a beer, it tasted like urine to him. He preferred champagne or white wine, it was classier and didn't taste as bitter. The only reason why he was slowly drinking his beer was because Hotch bought one for the entire team, minus Penelope who insisted on a margarita.

   They were lucky that the bar tonight wasn't packed, typically ever bar in the D.C. area was packed on summer nights. People scrambled out of their 9-5 jobs, showered, ate a light dinner, called their friends, and hit the bars and clubs. People drenched themselves in cologne and perfume, it choking any person they walked past.

   Bella quickly gulped down her cosmopolitan, her nose crinkling and her eyes slamming shut. With a loud laugh, and already tipsy Emily made her way towards the young agent. Bella could smell the strong liquor on her breath as she slung an arm over her shoulder.

   "Let's get some shots!" Emily exclaimed. "Regular shots and Jello shots, I want you to have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!" She cheered loudly as JJ laughed, patting her back as people from nearby tables turned and stared. 

   The bartender quickly slammed down some shot glasses and filled them. Emily immediately grabbed one and took it like it was nothing. Derek and Penelope soon followed, both of them squealing from the strong taste. Derek held one out for Spencer, getting a polite shake of the head in response. 

   "Come on now, birthday girl," Derek beamed, handing Bella a shot. She took it and narrowed her eyes.

   "Do you find joy in getting young female agents drunk, Derek Morgan?" Bella questioned with a smile.

   Derek laughed, his smile bright, "My only job tonight is to see you make the most of your 21st birthday."

   "I ate pizza by myself on my 21st birthday," Spencer added. Bella looked over and snickered as Derek rolled his eyes and ruffled Spencer's hair. With a shrug, Bella took a deep breath and quickly did the shot.