~PROLOGUE~

1993 

1993 

   "What's your favorite book?" seven-year-old, Bella Snow, whispered to her mother. 

   Her mother grinned and shut her sapphire eyes, thinking to herself. With a hum, she snapped her fingers. "Little Women!" 

   The golden haired Bella furrowed her eyebrows at her mother. To Bella, "Little Women" was simply an easy book to comprehend. There was no challenge to it, nothing that kept her awake thinking all night.

   "What's your favorite book?" her mother asked, pinching Bella's cheek. Bella swatted her hand away with a dimpled smile.

   "That's an easy one, mama!" the ivy eyed child exclaimed. "Hamlet!"

   "Why Hamlet?" 

   "It's all about revenge, guilt, immortality, and passion! It allows you to think deeply about the symbolism and theme of the entire story!"

   Bella's mother grinned at her, amazed by her wit. After all, both her and Bella's father graduated high school early, proving themselves to be geniuses. Bella's mother could see that she was just like her. They were exactly alike, despite their difference in eye color. They shared something more powerful than looks, they shared a soul. 

   "Mama," Bella whispered. 

   "Yes, darling?" Her mother answered, her voice mellifluous. 

   "Why do you like Little Women so much?"

   With a chuckle, Bella's mother gathered her in her warm arms. Bella snuggled into her chest, breathing in her scent of lavender laundry soap and coconut shampoo. She rested her cheek against the soft cotton her mother's bubblegum colored sweater. 

   "Well," her mother began, her breath warm and minty. "I was blessed with daughters, I got 5 of them and Marmee got 4 of them. Each and every single one of you are beautiful, elegant, strong, wise, and caring."

   "I guess we are kind of like the March family," Bella giggled. "With one extra sister, of course."

   Her mother giggled and squeezed her. She began to hum as Bella's eyes became heavy. Before she fell into a deep slumber, she uttered out the most important question. "Mama, which March sister am I?"

   Her mother laughed, again, and kissed her forehead. "You're definitely Beth!"

   "Why's that?" Bella asked, pushing her golden curls out of her face.

   "Though Beth may be quiet, she is wise and brave. She cares for others and finds the beauty in this sad world. She's the true hero of the book."

   Bella smiled, satisfied with the answer. Her mother laid her down, covering her with a warm blanket. She cuddled into her bed as her mother began to leave the room. She turned off the light and started to close the door.

   "Mama!" Bella called out once more.

   "Yes?" her mother answered, peaking her head into the room.

   "I know that you said that I'm Beth, but can we pretend that I'm Amy so I can marry Laurie?"