Chapter 27- You Should've Come To Shiratorizawa

I can't believe I started out with plans for angst and now I just project my wild thoughts and loneliness into this. 

Also, sorry for being gone so long I've been busy being addicted to Genshin Impact :3

And if y'all don't mind I might change Y/N's pronouns to they/them for any enbys so if you're okay with that let me know

Y/N POV, a week later
"Wanna go on a morning run with me?" Oikawa shows up at 6a.m. in the morning, on a Saturday, ringing my doorbell and trying to get me to go out.

On a Saturday.

"Oiks, it's 6a.m." I groan, I can't really get mad at him though, he's too sweet for that. "Exactly, now hustle," he invites himself in.

"You know, if you're gonna show up at the strangest hours, I might as well give you a set of house keys," I sigh and grab a set of spare keys for him.

"So I can come in any time, sweet. Instead of texts at 3a.m. you're getting visits at 3a.m. now, you can't escape," he ruffles my hair.

"And now my hair looks even more like a bird's nest than ever," I plop myself down on the sofa, eyes squinted, I'm not ready to see any of the morning light.

"Even if you have funny hair you're still cute," he chirps. "Oiks, flattery won't get me up and running and 6a.m. on a Saturday," I've just barely finished my sentence when he picks me up with no effort.

"Come on, please? I'll let you sleep in on Sunday, just one run," he pleads. "Might I add, you smell nice."

"I- fine. Just once," I smile slightly. "See, flattery got me somewhere," he pokes me.

"Let me down so I can change, c'mon," I pat his arm. He puts me down, "You have ten minutes or I come in and tickle you."

"Roger that," I laugh and salute. "You're so cute, why are you so cute?" He sighs. "Nah, you're cuter," my reply makes his face go red, and he tries to find something to say.

"D-don't flirt back like that, I don't know what to say," he peeps. "Why do you think I flirt back?" I ask.

I manage to get ready in ten minutes, my hair's pulled back in a messy do and I'm in a huge t-shirt and volleyball shorts. After splashing my face with cold water a few times, I think I can pass as a living person and not a zombie.

"If you come at 6a.m. again tomorrow to go for a run I won't break your nico Nico kneecaps, I'll break your nico nico neck," I threaten him. "Heh, I'd like to see you try and reach my neck, Shortie, stick with the kneecaps," he teases.

The air outside is crisp and cool, it's not too hot and the Sun is hidden behind clouds. "What route do we wanna take?" I ask Oikawa. "Let's just go wherever and find our way home," he smiles.

"We'd both get lost and then we'll have to call Iwa to pick is up, then we'd be in trouble," I point out. "Have some faith, I have a sense of direction okay," he scoffs.

"We'll see about that," I snort and start jogging. "I do! Trust me, we'll find our way back," he jogs beside me. "Alright, I'll trust you," I laugh.

"The weather is nice," he muses. "Thank god the weather is nice," I reply. We jog together in comfortable silence for a while, passing by buildings and fields as birds sing overhead.

After a while we stop for a rest and a drink of water. "This is nice," he smiles. "It is," I agree and wipe the sweat off my brow. He sees something behind me and his face drops.

"Oikawa Tooru," a deep voice says behind me. I look back and see a familiar face. I think I've seen him before somewhere, he's big and tall with thick eyebrows and brown hair.

"Ushijima," Oikawa crosses his arms and glares.

Oh.

So it's his rival, Ushijima Wakatoshi, captain of Shiratorizawa's volleyball team. I've seen him on the news I think. "What are you doing here?" Oikawa asks. "Going for a run," Ushijima replies, all monotonous. "Where are your teammates?"
"I can run without my teammates, I'm not attached to them, why do you ask?"

"Um, hi?" I try to break the tension between them. "Hello," Ushijima nods at me. "Who are you?"

"Um, I'm just Oikawa's girlfriend," I answer. "If I went to Shiratorizawa I wouldn't have met her, would I, so there," Oikawa's glaring holes into this guy's skull.

"If you came to Shiratorizawa you would've went to the Nationals, so you should've come to Shiratorizawa," Ushijima insists.

"I would be single like you, thanks but no thanks," Oikawa replies. "Okay, we have to go, see you sometime, Ushijima," I tug on Oikawa's arm. I have to get him away before he loses it and throws his water bottle at Ushijima.

"Goodbye," he replies and walks off in the other direction. "He's so strange," I think out loud. "He's so annoying," Oikawa pouts.

"Come on, we both know Seijoh's team wouldn't be as strong without you, you're a great captain," I pat his back. "Really?" He asks.

"The best," I smile. He gives me a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you." "And like you said, if you went to Shiratorizawa, you wouldn't have met me," I chuckle. "Yea, Ushijima can suck on that," he grins.

"Wanna go home now? I think we're pretty far away already," I suggest. "I'll prove that I have a sense of direction, just follow me," he leads the way.

We get a little lost a few times, but after a few turns, we manage to find our way back.

He does have a sense of direction after all.