Chapter 21- Nekoma

Someone please send help. My mom is behind me with her back turned if I don't return I'm probably dead.

Y/N POV

We arrive at Nekoma, where giant skyscrapers of guys I assume is from their team are waiting for us.

We get off the car, and Oikawa shakes hands with a guy with black spikey rooster hair, who's probably their captain, "Nice to meet you, I'm Oikawa Tooru." "I've heard of you, you're quite the big shot, I'm Kuroo Testuro," he smiles back at Oikawa.

He looks over at me, "And who are you? You're cute." "She's my girlfriend," Oikawa takes my hand protectively, "Try hitting on other girls." Kuroo laughs, "I'm just kidding around, I'm not the type to randomly hit on girls."

I watch the others greet the Nekoma members, and I hang back and wait. There's a shorter guy with bleached long hair who's also quietly watching, nodding at people when they greet him or when Kuroo drags him to greet someone.

He makes eye contact with me and I give him a quick smile, which he returns.  "Let's get the game started, shall we?" Oikawa picks up his duffel bag and follows Kuroo to the gymnasium.

I catch the names of the other teammates, Nobuyuki, Yaku, Yamamoto, Fukunaga, Inuoka. "Is she their manager? I wish we had a hot girl manager," Yamamoto sighs. Yaku smacks him, "she's dating someone, dummy."

They start warming up and practicing their spikes, and Oikawa smiles at me, "Wanna spike a few for me?" "Of course," I stretch a little, and I run up and jump. I feel wind rushing in my ears, and I watch the ball fly right into place, I hit the ball as hard as I can and a loud smack resonates.

I fall back onto the ground, and I almost lose my balance. "That was great Oiks," I grin at him, and he beams back.

"You're not bad at volleyball," a quiet voice says. I turn around to see the long haired guy standing next to me. "Oh, thank you," I say. "You haven'y said your name," he points out. "I'm Y/N," I say. "Kenma," he gives me a small nod and walks to Kuroo.

I stand aside and make way for Iwa and the others to spike. "You seem to be trying extra hard today, Iwa-chan," Oikawa teases. Iwa glares at him, and he raises his hands defensively, "I'm sorry! Sorry sorry sorry."

I hear a laugh beside me, "Who knew the great captain of Seijoh would be scared of someone." Dammit, why do people sneak up on me so easily. "Psh, he's scared of many someones," I reply Kuroo.

"You're a good spiker," he says. "I have a good setter," I respond confidently. Oikawa is a good setter, and a good captain too. He understands how his teammates are feeling, and he's always pushing them but never going too overboard which brings out the best in them.

"If you two played on the same team I'm sure you'd devour every team you come across," he smiles. "Well, I'd be able to do better if I wasn't so lacking in the vertical department," I raise an arm up to show our height difference.

He laughs again, "I'd say you've got the height difference covered." Oikawa walks up and slings an arm around my shoulder, "I hope you're not hitting on my Y/N." "We were just talking volleyball," I reassure, and he kisses my cheek. 

"Even if he hit on you I believe you'd have some cutting remark to shut him up," Oikawa smiles. "You might not have noticed but uh, I'm right here," Kuroo says. "You're too big to go unnoticed," I say.

"She said you were a good setter," Kuroo tells Oikawa. He blushes, "Really?" "The best," I confirm. He looks a little sad for a moment, like something's bothering him,  and then his smile is back on his face. 

"Our setter's pretty good too, you'll see," Kuroo says, "We may not have anyone especially talented or a genius, but we're a strong team." "Volleyball is a team sport after all," Oikawa agrees.

I offer Oikawa a bottle of water, "Drink up or I'll have Iwa make you." "You don't have to threaten me like that," he pouts, but accepts the bottle.

--

The match was really interesting, Nekoma's setter really was good. Kenma could read people easily and he tricks you with the smallest bit of body language. 

The rest of the team was strong too, and like Kuroo said, none of them stood out especially much but they were strong as a team. They played 7 sets, and Nekoma won 4, Seijoh 3.

"Next time we play we'll win for sure," Oikawa says. "We won't be losing either," Kuroo promises. "Now Y/N and I gotta go, let's go change," Oikawa pulls out some clothes and a towel from his duffel bag. "Going on a date?" Kuroo asks. 

"It would be if my family won't be around," I sigh. "Alright, go get changed," Kuroo slaps me on the back. 

-- 

I emerge from the bathroom in tights, a knee length skirt, ankle boots, a T-shirt and an oversized sweater. Oikawa's waiting for me outside, and he's talking with Kenma and Kuroo. Kuroo sees me first, and he whistles, impressed, "You clean up well."

Oikawa's wearing jeans and a black turtleneck, and he looks illegally good. I feel a blush rising to my cheeks, "You look nice." He blushes too, "You look nice too."

"OK lovebirds, no need to get overheated, though Y/N does look nice," Kuroo says. "I agree," Kenma says quietly. "OK back off, find yourself a girl to compliment," Oikawa says. "It's not that simple, you know. Young people these days," Kuroo sighs.

"Anyway, we're gonna go, I don't wanna leave a bad impression on Y/N's dad," Oikawa says cheerfully. "You've already left a bad impression on him just by existing," I grumble. "Family problems?" Kenma asks quietly. I nod, and he doesn't ask any more.

"If anything, you can crash at my house, my bro Bokuto is gonna be here too," Kuroo fishes out pen and paper from his pockets and scribbles an address on it.

We say goodbye to everyone and start walking to the train station. In the background, I hear Kuroo's voice, "It was nice of you to not play your video games today, Kenma."

I'm back with a quickie yaaay.

There's gonna be more of Nekoma in the future, I definitely didn't fit enough chaos into this chapter, so next time it's gonna be more fun :D

Hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently instead of updating and then disappearing all of a sudden, but thank you for being patient with me.

Love, me :D