Chapter 12- Injury

I'm alive woohoo

»»————- ✼ ————-««

Y/N POV

It's Monday again, and Oikawa picks me up for school. I don't cycle to school anymore, which contributes to my living like a pig.

When we get off his car, Iwaizumi has to help him off, and I take his bag as Oikawa limps to the entrance. "He injured himself?" I ask. "Yup, volleyball things, y'know," Iwaizumi says.

"Shut up, I'll be able to play during the match," Oikawa pouts. "You can't even walk on your own, how are you gonna play?" Iwaizumi argues. "We don't have practice today, so if I rest today I'll be fine tomorrow," Oikawa insists.

"Some things are meant to be let go, Oikawa," Iwaizumi growls, and Oikawa glares at him. "You know how important this is to me," Oikawa looks angry, and Iwaizumi glares right back at him. They glare at each other for a few moments, until Iwaizumi breaks off, "I'm not in the mood for this."

We walk to the entrance in uncomfortable silence, and Iwaizumi leaves us at our classroom and goes off to his without any words. "Are you two... OK?" I gently pry. "This happens sometimes," Oikawa sighs, "The last time it happened I was lucky to have Iwa-chan there."

He didn't elaborate, I didn't ask.

"If you're injured you really need to rest, y'know, not just today, but for the week," I try to find words, "I'm sure you guys can do some rescheduling." Oikawa leans back on his seat, "I guess so."

The rest of the day flies by in a blur, and Iwaizumi avoided Oikawa the whole time. "He's like that, we'll be fine by tomorrow," Oikawa reassures me.

Still, I can't help but feel like he might want someone to talk to.

After school, I make up an excuse and rush to find Iwaizumi. I find him at his locker, putting his stuff inside. "There you are," I say.

He looks up, "What are you doing here?" "Not sure if you noticed, but we go to the same school," I say sarcastically. "You didn't have to find me, I can get home without Oikawa," he says.

"I'm here because I'm worried about both of you," I say. He pauses, "You don't have to worry, things like that happen." "I mean, if this has happened before, it means he's overworked himself before," I explain.

"People like him hate to lose," he sighs. "Instead of getting mad at him, and letting him learn his lesson on his own, why don't you let him know that if he needs you, you'd be there for him?" I ask, "I know as guys you don't really do stuff like that, but I guess he needs support. Especially if you know him well."

"Alright, then," he closes his locker, "Let's go." "So you do have a soft spot after all," I tease, "Iwa-chan." I mimic Oikawa's tone. He bonks my head, "Shut up."

We reach Oikawa's classroom, and I help him up and Iwaizumi takes his bag. Oikawa puts an arm around my shoulder and leans on me as I help him walk out of school. There's still some students left idling around the classrooms, and I hear whispers from a few girls, no doubt starting gossip.

After he drops off Iwaizumi, we head to my house.

I stretch out on my couch and he flops on top of me. I almost choke on my own saliva, "At least give me a warning!" "I'm injured, I'm bound to fall down any minute, I don't have time for warnings," he pouts.

"We both know you did that on purpose," I say, and he smiles cheekily. I sigh and wrap my arms around him. He ruffles my hair.

"Am I too heavy?" he tries shifting so I don't have to bear all of his weight. "If you move again, I'll kick you off," I grumble, "This is comfy. Also, if you were too heavy, I'd also kick you off."

"You're mean," he whines. "I always am," I answer, "And if you dare try to go for practice any time this week I'm not letting you in my house. And I'm driving your car into a tree. I can't drive, take this warning seriously."

"You're mean and scary, are you sure you weren't a bully back in elementary school?" he puts his arms around my waist. "Maybe I was, and don't use your injury as an excuse to get out of cleaning the dishes later," I gently hit him.

"I won't," he huffs.

So whee

I'm really sleepy and hungry, so I guess that's it for the chapter rn. 

What are you guys expecting to happen to Y/N's and Oikawa's relationship?
I wanna hear theories hehe

Anyway, I didn't get to see my aunt's owl *sigh* she was busy. But I did get to see my dad's friend's new puppy, and I must've gotten bitten on my nose a hundred times that night.

And she fell asleep in my arms, so I guess that makes up for the love bites. I love baby puppies *sighhhh*

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and sorry it was a little dry, I feel like they're just fillers now.

Love, me :D