Chapter 5- Knowing You Better

Hey guys, it's me, your very tired but can't sleep author-chan.

Yup, quarantine things.

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

Playing volleyball with the third years. Yup. No stress. Maybe a little more than the soldiers off to fight WWII.

One of the first year's called Kunimi and the one with spiky hair is Kindaichi. I'm bad at names but I think I can remember them for five minutes.

Iwa serves and Kindaichi receives it. Apparently none of them have been setters before, but Kunimi passes the ball to me for a spike.

I watch the ball rush towards me and I estimate its speed and angle, it's gonna fall short. On instinct, I run towards the ball, anticipating the blockers. They think it won't fall short.

I jump earlier than anyone expected, and just like I predicted, the ball falls short. I bring my hand down with all the force I can and spike it.

The ball hits the ground with a thud. All of them stare at me, in faint amazement and respect.

"That was amazing!" Oikawa blurts, "I didn't even know the ball would fall short!"

"I think we just gave the first years an advantage," Matsukawa peeps. I know him from Chemistry.

I casually pop a shoulder, "I think you did." Kindaichi smirks.

"I can set for you guys, if you want," I offer the first years. They nod excitedly.

The next ten minutes fly by as I set and block for the first years, letting them practice spiking.

"You were amazing," said Iwa, "Rubbish at volleyball? Compared to you, Oikawa is trash at it."

"Hey!" Oikawa whines, "I'm the captain, it's within my power to kick you out!"

"But you won't, Trashykawa," I tease in a singsong voice.

"You're helpless without me and we all know it, Garbagekawa," Iwa sings in a similar tone.

"You're a horrible influence on each other," Oikawa pouts.

"On a more serious note, I haven't seen anyone that good at reading a match since him," Iwa gives Oikawa a pointed look.

"Gosh, I wish I could punch him," Oikawa fumes.

I have an idea who it is, but I don't say anything. It could be interesting if he finds out on his own.

"Anyway, me and Y/N have to go," he sticks his tongue out at Iwa, then starts walking towards the door. Childish, Iwa mouths at me, and I laugh and follow Oikawa. "Bye Iwa, Kindaichi, Kunimi, Matsukawa, Hanamaki!" I yell back. Wow, I remembered all of their names.

Oikawa goes to drive his car to the entrance and I go and grab my bike. I load it into his car and climb into the front seat. "Before we go, do you like dogs?" I ask. Always ask if the guests like dogs, or if they're strictly cat people, or they'll be running out of the house.

"I'm OK with them, I've never had a pet before, unless you count that frog that broke into my house," he smiles, and I smile back. I direct him the way home, and when we reach my neighbourhood, he looks around, checking out the big houses and manicured lawns, "This is nice place, you guys must be rich."

"My dad's a CEO, and my mom does something that earns money, though I've never really cared much," I say, "I have a big family though." He nods, and we reach my house. 

I open the door and yell, "I'm home!" Mrs. Takahashi, the neighbour who takes care of my dogs when I'm at school, comes over with Atlas, my Basset Hound trailing behind her. He wags his tail and waddles over to me.