Chapter 3- Partners!

A/N: Heyo guys are having/ had a great day and if you're reading this at midnight, sleep early!

*insert drumroll* Welcome to me acting like your mother! *insert fanfare music*

Nah just kidding *drumrollllll...ingggg thunder!*

Ok I'll shut up enjoy the story!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/N POV

I'm sitting in the back of the classroom, slouching into my seat and trying not to fall asleep. It's 1st period and I. Want. Sleep. The fact that this is advanced English does not help at all. I like English, but sometimes class is just so mind-numbingly boring. I try to focus, but my lack of coffee is really giving me a hard time.

The teacher drones one and on and I don't really pay attention, I just scribble a few words she says as notes and try to keep myself awake. 

I write down 'project, pairs, write a fairy tale' and then bolt upright. Fairy tales. Pairs. I love creative writing exercises but I need a partner? I tune into what the teacher is saying.

"Y/N and Oikawa Tooru."

I have to write a fairy tale. With. Oikawa?

That escalated quickly.

I hear groans and glares from almost all the girls in class and they glare daggers at me. One of my friends, Yui, just looks at me sympathetically. Now I've made enemies out of all his fangirls. By being unlucky. That wasn't fair.

"Please finish the projects by next week, good luck! You have this session to discuss about the project with your partner."

I groaned. Today is just getting better and better isn't it?

"Hey, partner," I hear a familiar voice ring out. I look up and flinch a little as I meet Oikawa's gaze, "Hi."

He pulls a chair to my desk and sits on it backwards. Does he have to sit cute too? Why is everything he does just. So. Unbearably. Cute.

"So what are we supposed to do?" I ask. "You weren't paying attention, weren't you," he smirks. "I guess I wasn't," I sigh. I can feel all of his fangirls' eyes on me, watching me, jealous, waiting for me to embarrass myself.

He just smiles, oblivious to the glares I'm receiving, "I took notes, don't worry." He starts explaining the project to me,

"So we have to either create our own fairy tale or change old ones and it has to be at least two pages long. It's more of a folio than a paper, so we basically create a moodboard or an aesthetic for the fairy tale in a book. We need pictures and all that, I'm sure you can provide with those, camera-chan. And I pay attention in class so our roles are balanced." He winks and I feel like I can hear his fans' internal screaming.

Maybe it's my internal screaming.

"Do you wanna write a new one or change an old one?" I cringe at how stupid and awkward I sound.

"I'm asking you," he says, resting his chin on the table.

"I like Sleeping Beauty, if you look at it from the evil fairy's perspective, like Maleficent, you know. Or maybe Alice, since it's hard to find a fairy tale where the female lead actually does something heroic or without a guy. Rumplestiltskin's pretty good too."

A/N: I have N O idea how to spell that name

"I expected Cinderella or something like that. I know less about you than I thought."

I smile. 

"I like it when you smile, you should smile more," he teases.

For the rest of the class we traded fairy tale theories and set up a time for him to come over and do the project. He joked a lot and I completely forgot about everyone else. Class ended too soon for me, but by the end of the class, I was buzzing like I had a nice cup of hot coffee.

I expected to feel burdened and worried about how he would feel about me after our first actual conversation, but strangely, I didn't.

I felt happier and lighter for the whole day.

Oikawa's girlfriend, the girls' volleyball team's captain, Yuna, must have heard of our project since she made a point to bump into me every time she walked past me. Of course, it sent me sprawling. She was so tall and I was tiny. 

Looks like I'm going to have a hard time for the whole month until this crap cools down...

Iwa bumped into me at my locker, "You look different."

"What?"

"Hey, you're smiling! I never thought I would ever see you smile. It's a Christmas miracle!"

"It's not Christmas, Baka."

"Whatever~~" he sang and I laughed as he skipped down the hall like an idiot to Oikawa. That boy was such a goof sometimes.

Aaaand... CUT!

We're done with this chapter and it's 4am so I'm heading to sleep!

Bye love you guys <3

love, me ಥ_ಥ