Chapter 1- Who He Is To Me

A/N:It's 2020 what are you doing if you don't love Oikawa?

  Tooru Oikawa. Tooru Oikawa. Tooru Oikawa. Who is he to me? Everyone loves him, of course. Every girl wants to be with him, every guy wants to be him. Not that I didn't like him.

  It's just that I've had a crush on him. Since the start of junior high.

  I didn't like him for his looks, his volleyball skills or whatever. I didn't like him for the things that the others liked him for. I liked him because...

  ...because I saw how scared he was.

  It wasn't obvious, and I'm sure barely anyone knew it. He gives off easygoing vibes, and he takes stuff lightly, but under that, he was scared.

  So scared.

  Scared of being replaced, scared of not being good enough, scared of disappointing people. That's why he was so hostile to Tobio, why he didn't like him. He wanted to do his best, and portray the image of a calm and collected setter. If he showed who he was, he would just prove that he wasn't special, that he was just like everyone else, that he was human.

  And that was exactly what made him human. 

  Which is exactly why I like him.

  I know it's strange, to like someone for their weakness but sometimes our weaknesses are our greatest strengths.

  We're friends, but we don't really talk much. I'm closer to his teammate on the volleyball team, Iwaizumi. But Oikawa... he's deeper than anyone realizes. He's special. People think he's just a player, and he cares for sports more than people, but there's more than that. So much more.

  That's why I'm staring at the ceiling thinking about him, I guess. 

  My phone chimes.

(sorry if the text name thingies arent aligned i have no idea how to align them)

From: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Hinata stole my pork bun TvT

I laugh out loud. It was nice to see Tobio grow close with his teammates.

From: Y/N

 To: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

The Tobio I know would decapitate anyone who even dared to touch his food. Are you going soft?

From: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

shut up

How are you anyway?

From: Y/N 

 To: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

I'm good. Miss you tho

From: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

You're the one going soft now

From: Y/N 

 To: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

I'll call you tomorrow

enjoy your date

From: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

It's not a date!

The guys are here

From: Y/N 

 To: (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Tobio ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

whatever you say

baiii

I turn off the phone before he can reply. It was always fun to tease my baby cousin.

A/N: Aaaaand... cut!

We're done with chapter 1 woohoo I'm still hungry cuz I'm lazy to walk down the stairs to the fridge

Anyway sorry if this sucks it's 3am now I think I should go sleep

The next chapter should be longer (?)

OKAY GOODNIGHT GUYS I LOVE YOU SWEET DREAMS IF ITS 3AM AT YOUR PLACE TOO THEN 

GO 

TO 

SLEEP

 ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Also correct me if there's any grammar errors