Chapter 24- Insecure

Y/N POV

Oikawa arrives at my secret corner, and he immediately hugs me. He brings a hand to the back of my head, cradling me. "Hey, I'm here now, it's alright," he murmurs comfortingly, kissing my forehead. "Do you want me to go?" Kageyama shuffles his feet awkwardly. "You can stay," I sniffle.

"But I'll have to wa-" "Shut up Tobio-chan," Oikawa interrupts him. I find that I can snicker even though I'm crying. "I can call Kuroo for you, let's get out of here, and we can talk alright?" Oikawa asks quietly, and I nod.

He gently takes my phone, Kuroo's number already dialed in, and wipes my tears off the screen. "Hello? This is Oikawa.  We're gonna need your address, something happened," Oikawa says to the phone. "Mmhm, alright," he gives Kuroo dad's address. "He's coming to pick us up," he murmurs to me, "Alright, see you," he hangs up.

"Here," he hands me more tissues, and I blow my nose, hard. "You wanna talk about it?" Oikawa strokes my hair, his slow rhythmic strokes strangely calming. "I just- It's just the stress, growing up here hasn't exactly been enjoyable," I say quietly. "You were brave for coming here anyway," he whispers, "I know you tried, it's alright."

"I'll go get- a moist towel for you," Kageyama says awkwardly and runs off. "Dad used to- he used to beat me, he was angry, I suppose. I think he was sad too. Mom died, we were alone, and things like that make you bitter as time goes by," I sigh. "I wish I was there to make things different," Oikawa says.

"Tobio was there, he made stuff a little easier," I reassure. Oikawa looks a little guilty when I mention Tobio. "We all need to cry sometimes, I'm fine," I ruffle his hair. "I'm sorry too," he murmurs quietly.

"Why are you sorry? There's nothing to be sorry about, it's not like you can snap your fingers and make my problems disappear." 
"That's exactly why I'm sorry, I'm your boyfriend, I should be able to do something, isn't there some sort of code of honor I have to follow?"
"Just because you're my boyfriend doesn't mean you have to solve my problems for me, we're in this together, Oiks, life is a team sport, just like volleyball."

That seems to get to him more, and he smiles gently, "What would I be without you?" "Same thing I'd be without you, I guess, empty," I reply, and he leans in and kisses me. Tobio arrives with a moist towel and stops in his tracks, staring at Oikawa and I, his mouth hanging open.

"Bad timing, Tobio," I chuckle and gently push Oikawa away. "She, you- I- you kissed her!" Tobio stammers, "No one allowed you to kiss her you can't just- you can't do that!" "Tobio you idiot, he can kiss me whenever, he's my boyfriend," I laugh and take the towel.

Oikawa takes the towel and starts gently wiping my face, "I'm not your child, Oiks, I can wipe my own face." "But I wanna do it," he pouts. "You two are so sweet my teeth will rot off and I'll get diabetes," Tobio comments. 

"I don't think that's a compliment, Tobio," I say at the same time Oikawa says "Bet you wish you could have a girlfriend as cool as Y/N." Tobio sighs and rolls his eyes. "Alright, we're going, thanks Tobio," I get up and ruffle his hair, "Come and visit any time you want."

"I know it's your house, but no," Oikawa says. "Like you said, it's my house, you don't have a say," I playfully elbow him. "Can I bring my team along?" Tobio tugs on my sleeve. "Sure you can, as long as they don't set the house on fire," I agree.

"Oh, uh," he scratches the back of his head, "I don't think I can guarantee that." "That's alright bring them along any time, I'm glad you have friends," I laugh. If Tobio's found his people and he's having fun, a burnt house is a small price to pay.

Oikawa checks my phone, "He's here." "Alright, bye bye Tobio, have fun," I give him a big hug and he awkwardly pats my back. "See you," Oikawa takes my hand and I wave back at Tobio.

"Hey hey hey!" another skyscraper of a boy is waiting for us with Kuroo. His spiky black hair's highlighted with white and he's very buff. And he kinda looks like an owl too.

Yeeee sorry for the short chapter and the long time I was gone I've been going through stuff.

But yea, say hi to Bokuto :)