Chapter 4- People Like Me?

I baked cookies and I either put too much baking soda or too little baking soda cuz the consistency is funny

Ah, well, at least I didn't burn them :P

And ladies and germs, that's what you call low standards.

On to the story

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Y/N POV

I'm meeting Oikawa after his volleyball practice for the project. Apparently, his coaches aren't around today so practice is gonna end early. 

When I go into school, I plug in my earphones so I don't have to hear anyone say anything. I play the music as loud as I can without hurting my ears. Day6's 'Zombie' starts blasting into my ears.

The lyrics are hitting really deep right now.

Breathin' but I've been dyin' inside
Nothin' new and nothin' feels right
Dejavu so I close my eyes
Let the demon sing me a lullaby

A/N: If any of you wanna scream about Day6 with me just comment because they are TALENTED, UNDERRATED, and the VOCALS, the VISUALS, the SKILLS are just OMGGGG :D And don't forget the crackhead energy

I feel pretty emo despite the pretty good day yesterday somehow.

I can feel the gazes of a few girls fall on me, and I imagine them gossiping and giggling about something.

Today's a present that I don't want
So I'm wonderin' in this world
Am I really the only one
Who's been wantin' to hide out from the sun
And run

I want to hide.

When we live a life
Always dreamin' for a dream to come true
So I live this life
Wanting somethin' I can't see
And something I can't reach
Or somethin' that could not exist

 The more I listen to the song the more I notice how I'm dead inside.

"What are you listening to?" Oikawa appears out of nowhere and puts one of my earphones in his ear.

"Good morning to you too," I murmur.

He smiles at me and says, "You've got good taste."

Iwa appears and takes the earphone out of his hand. "Let me listen," he says and gently shoves Oikawa out of the way.

He makes a face, "Again with your emo music."

"But it's a good song!" Oikawa whines.

"It is, but it's a good emo song."

"You gotta let me in on your playlists," Oikawa points at me sternly.

"Okay, we're gonna be late for Chemistry, let's go," Iwa bonks him on his head.

"Ow," Oikawa whines, "That hurt! Anyway, see you after school." He flashes a smile at me and lets Iwa push him to the classroom. Iwa turns back for a quick fist-bump and pushes Oikawa away.

Someone shoves me out of the way, "Oops." I turn around, it's Yuna. She's with with her popular girl/ volleyball squad, and she smirks at me, "I could barely see you, grow taller." Her friends giggle, and she catches up with Oikawa and wraps her arm around his waist. She looks back with a triumphant look, as if telling every girl that was looking, he's mine and you can't have him.

The day passes quickly, but one thing in particular sticks to me. Yui sat down next to me during lunch and the conversation goes a little like this:

Yui: I can't believe you!

Me: What? I know you have a thing against mangos but that doesn't mean I can't eat them. Your problem, not mine.

Yui: *rolls her eyes* Come on, be serious. You're letting Oikawa into your house?

Me: mmhm

Yui: He's Oikawa! Oikawa the playboy, Oikawa the guy who values volleyball over everything else, Oikawa who's Yuna's property?

Me: Are we even talking about the same Oikawa?

Yui: I don't think so, I'm talking about Oikawa the nerd from your algebra class.

Me: Nice to know the air's clear.

Yui: Y/N, I'm serious. You're already Yuna's target for bullying, if anything happens between you and Oikawa, it won't end well.

Me: Don't worry, he may be Oikawa but I'm me, remember? The opposite of a friend magnet. Also, he's his own property.

Yui: You see, you're so blind. You think the reason no one's friends with you is because you repel them but the whole point is that the second you start warming up to them you're like a human magnet.

Me: Tell that to our Chemistry teacher, she doesn't like me much.

Yui: I swear, I'd hate you if I didn't love you. You have an effect on people, OK? Once Oikawa starts to know you he won't go away.

Me: Yea, yea I love you too, don't get all mushy on me.

Yui: *laughs* You are so exasperating.

Me: Yup, it's my best quality.

And so on. Do people really like me? I honestly just assumed that people were friends with me because they pitied me, liked my dogs or simply found my annoying-ness endearing.

I guess my annoying-ness is endearing. 

So skip to me walking to the gym to meet Oikawa.

I hear the sound of shoes squeaking against the floor, and people jumping and the ball thumping on the floor.

I open the door and walk inside. To my relief, only the boys' team were playing there, and the girls' team was gone. Oikawa sees me and flashes a smile, "Five more minutes! Take a seat!" Then he continues with the game.

"Why don't we let Y/N play?" Iwa says, "It's first years against third years and there's four of us and only two of them, you can even it out." "I'm no good at volleyball," I try to protest, but Iwa cuts me off, "Come on, you're smart, you can run, I think you can at least fill in for a first year."

"You guys really love bullying your first years, don't you?"

Iwa just laughs.

And so it was decided, I would play volleyball against the third years. 

Yup, no stress at all. 

Alright, I'm off to writing the next part

Anyway, here's a room deco idea for you: manga panel wall. 

I'm gonna do it but my room is a landfill and I just can't bring myself to tidy it so I guess......

More stuff in my room!

Hahaha anyway love y'all 

love, me