Chapter 15

I wake up to the blazing sound of my alarm. I feel so much better after 12 hours of much needed sleep. It's like I'm a new person. I stay in my warm, cozy bed for a few more minutes before I decide to get up. My feet hit the floor and a shiver runs down my spine. The hairs on my arms stick up and all I want to do it hop back into bed.

I go into my bathroom and get ready for another day of school. I hope the tryout results are up. Great, now I'm going to be thinking about that all day. How am I supposed to concentrate? Speaking of concentration, I have a math test that I completely forgot about. Last night was so nice that everything I had to do left my mind.

I grab my things, stuff it into my bag, and run down stairs. The boys aren't down here yet so I decided to take out my textbook and get a few minutes of studying in. My test is during the second period of the day so it's not like I can even study during lunch.

After reading my notes in record time I decide it's time to eat something or else my brothers will be pissed. I grab an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter and gobble it down. I take my back and textbook to the couch and wait for my Dylan or Ben to take me to school. After about fifteen minutes I hear Ben and Dylan arguing who is driving today.

"Skylar! Come on we are leaving!" Ben shouts.

"I'm right here," I announce standing right behind him.

"Oh didn't see you there," He says laughing.

I follow him out the big brown doors and I am welcomed by the warm California air. Dylan tries to run into the driver's seat before Ben but fails drastically.

After a short car ride, which consists of Dylan and Ben arguing about girls and cars, we arrive at school. Before I get out of the car I decide to text Kelsey to see what she has been up to. I have been a pretty bad friend to her. She was my best friend and I love her but it's hard to keep in touch with someone so far away. Also, I am always the one who starts out conversations. I feel bad, but at the same time, if she wants to talk to me she can text me, which she hasn't.

I shake away the negative thoughts and get out of the car. I meet up with Zoey, Summer, and Oliver before class. Zoey gives me a quick math lesson and I think I'm okay to take the test now. We talk for a couple minutes before the bell rings and we all part our separate ways and go to class. The day drags on and after my math test, my only thoughts are on the tryout list.

As I sit in my last class of the day I just count the seconds until the last bell rings. Ten seconds. Five seconds. And the bell rings with its annoying tone. I jump out of my seat and pack up my books within three seconds.

"What are you in a hurry for?" Zoey asks.

Before I can even open my mouth to answer Xander answers for me, "She wants to see if she made varsity. The list should be out now."

"Don't stress Sky, I heard so many people talking about how amazing you are in the locker room today," Zoey says.

"I'm not surprised. She beat me yesterday when I was practicing with her. I mean I did go easy on you," Xander says.

"No you didn't. You're just a sore loser," I say respond while nudging his shoulder. He raises his hands up in defense and laughs.

Once we all have our things together we go to the gym. I'm walking as fast as I can and Zoey and Xander are practically running to keep up with me.

"No running in the hallways!" Some random teacher lectures us.

They slow their pace but I just continue jogging to the gym. We reach the doors and I see a crowd of girls around the bulletin board. I squeeze through the clump of girls. Some have sad expressions on their faces and others are laughing and hugging each other.