Chapter 33

The next morning on the way to school I hop in Ben's car. I wait for him to come and meet me as I scroll through the missed texts from the past few days. I missed a lot for not having a phone for only a week.

"You ready?" Ben asks, as he hops into the driver's seat.

"Yup."

He puts the car into drive and we are off on our journey to school.

"So, are you going tonight?"

"What's tonight?"

"I told you last time we were in the car together." He hints. I gaze at him, still not remembering. "The party?" He says, more as a question than a statement.

"Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that. Let me see what my friends are doing." This time I am actually able to text Zoey and she responds really quickly.

"I didn't think you would want to go. I never really go to parties, but if you want we can all go together." Zoey texts.

"Yeah, I've never been the type to go to parties but I think it could be fun. To be honest, I've never been to one before."

"SKYLAR! YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A PARTY?" She practically shouts through the screen.

"Nope," I respond.

"Then it's settled, you are going to your first party tonight." With that our short conversation ends.

"Zoey says she wants to go with me," I finally answer Ben.

"Interesting."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"I wonder what the others will think of you going," Ben says.

"What do you mean? Will they not let me go?" I ask.

"Dylan would go crazy if he knew you were going. If I were you I would talk to Zach, he's clueless about those things."

"Okay, we do. Thanks," I say, for giving me actual good advice.

I would never bother Jake with such a silly request. He would probably think so low of me for even going to a stupid high school party.

We arrive in the school parking lot in record time. I climb out, grab my bag and quickly head to my locker. When I get there I see Xander and Oliver waiting.

"You are coming tonight right?" Oliver asks.

"Um, I think so. Why is everyone so obsessed with this party? Ben was bugging me about it all morning."

"It's the first party of the year, you know, Halloween," Oliver states.

"Wait a second, it's a halloween party?" I ask.

"Of course, did you not know that tonight is Halloween. What kind of person forgets the best holiday of the year?" Oliver asks, enthusiastically.

"Christmas is obviously the best holiday, Oliver," Zoey says walking up to the conversation.

"Zoey, you didn't tell me it was a costume party!" I scold.

"Oh, my bad. You can borrow my costume from last year, I have wings from my angel costume."

I sigh in relief, thank goodness I don't have to go shopping for this. "Okay, that works. Thanks."

"So it's all settled, we are all going tonight?" Zoey asks. We all nod as the bell rings. We all sign in unison, unhappy about the bell ruining our conversation.

Zoey and I head to class together like every other day while we talk about what we are both going to wear tonight, how we are doing our hair, and our shoes.