Chapter 10

The rest of the day dragged on. By the eighth period, I was ready to go home. I had a really good first day of school, who knew? After the bell rings signaling my freedom until tomorrow I hop out of the desk eager to get to the parking lot. I say bye to Zoey, Summer, and Xander who were all in the last period with me. I am too lazy to put my notebook away so I decide to hold it and put it back in the car. On my way to the front of the school, I slip on one of those plastic mechanical pencils and fall right on my butt. Since it was the end of the day the halls were very crowded and now everyone is looking at me sitting here on my butt. I stand up and as I'm about to walk over and get my notebook that slid down the hall, I look up and see Liam get it for me. How romantic? I'm just joking. He's just picked up my notebook, it's not like he brought me a bouquet of roses.

"Thank you," I tell him.

"Anytime."

I was about to walk away but I couldn't help myself. "Is that all you say?" I ask, facing straight into his dark, mysterious eyes. He looks at me for a moment, laughs, and walks away. How rude?

Shaking his reaction to my question out of my head I continue my journey to the school parking lot. When I finally get there Dylan is standing at his car where we parked this morning.

"What the hell took you so long?"

"Sorry, I fell," I answer in a low voice. Why does he intimidate me so much?

"Are you hurt?" Ben says, jumping out of the car. He holds my arms down at my sides and turns me around.

"I'm fine don't worry. I just tripped."

"Did someone trip to you? Because I'll rip their heads off!" Dylan shouts.

"No, I fell because of a pencil."

Dylan looks at me for a few seconds trying to figure out if I am lying or not. When he realizes that I'm just an idiot that slipped on a pencil he bursts out laughing.

After a minute of him laughing at my clumsiness he says, "Just get in the car, we have to get home for dinner".

I go into the back seat. It's still a bit warm from sitting out in the sun all day but the air conditioning made it cool down a little. After around fifteen minutes we arrive at home. I'm still not used to my house. Crazy that this is MY house. It's huge. There are big pillars at the front doors. The windows are covered with stunning gold paint. There are light-colored bricks at the bottoms of the walls and bring lights shining through the ginormous windows. It looks like it could be used as a hotel, but no, it's a house for six people.

I reach out to open the door but it makes a small noise. I try to open it again thinking that I'm not strong enough to open until I realize that it's locked.

"Can you open the door please?" I ask Dylan, who's in the driver's seat.

"I wanted to ask you who you were sitting with at lunch?"

I took a big gulp before I began to talk, "A couple of friends that I made in my classes."

"So, where any of the boys?"

"Yeah. Two of them."

"But didn't we tell you this morning that you are not allowed to hang out with boys?"

"You did but what was I supposed to do. I was sitting with a girl I met in bio and her friends came to sit with me."

"Which boys?"

"I think their names are Oliver," my voice lowers a bit, "and Xander."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" He stops for a second to take a breath. The veins on his start to pop out and his hands are balled into fists. I start to back into the door of the car. He starting to scare me. He's going to hit me.