Chapter 6

I sit up taking a big deep breath finally able to breathe. It's like a weight is lifted off my chest and I am able to fly. The pain is still there but I don't want to think about it anymore. All I can do is stare at the boys standing around me as their beautiful blue eyes piercing into me.

"Sky, can we ask you a few questions?" Cole asks in his kind, sweet voice. His tone makes me melt and just want to give him a big hug. He might not look like it but he's really just one big teddy bear. But I just nod my head weakly.

"Who did this to you?" Dylan screams in my face. I know he's not angry at me, but the loudness of his voice still made me flinch.

"Don't you dare scream at her Dylan. She's been through enough." Zach says to Dylan.

"This is exactly why I didn't show you," I shout waving my hands at Dylan. "I didn't want you treating me like I'm fragile. I'm not a baby, I can handle myself."

They all stare at me in awe for a few seconds before Jake starts talking again. "I think we all need to calm down right now." He takes a breath and continues. "Skylar, can you please tell us who did this to you?"

Now this is where everything will fall apart. My biggest secret won't be a secret anymore.

I take a deep breath before I let out the name of the human who physically and mentally tortured me. "Nick," I say in barely a whisper.

"Who the hell is Nick," Dylan rages. I didn't think it was possible, but more wrinkles appear on his forehead. I look down at his hands and his fists are so clenched that his knucks are as pale as snow.

"Sky, who's Nick?" Zach asks gently. I haven't known these people for so long, but I'm usually good at reading people. Zach seems like that quiet guy who always has a book in their hand. He looks like he never had to worry about anything. His thick blonde hair reaches his eyebrows. He picks up his hand and places it on mine, reminding me that he just asked me a question.

"That was her mother's boyfriend." Jake says with slight confusion in his eyes. All I can do is nod. I feel the tears threatening to come falling again but I won't let them. They saw me cry once today and it's not going to happen again.

"Was this the only time he hurt you?" Ben asks. He's been silent for a while. He looks paralized with fear as he waits a few seconds for my answer. I think they all know but just want to be sure.

I look down and study the laces on my shoes. My silence answered his question. I look back at him. The veins on his forehead are bursting. His face is tomato read and his nails are digging into his palms.

"How many times?" Cole asks. I turn my attention towards him.

"Too many," I say my voice hoarse. The months of pain and terror come to mind. I start shaking a little without realizing until Dylan touches my back. The warmth of his hand makes me happy. I don't want to see his face because I know he is not smiling right now and I don't want to see his rage.

"Hey," Jake calls, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You're safe now." He lifts my chin so we are making eye contact. "He will never touch you, or even come close to you again."

I shake my head so he knows I am listening, but I still don't believe that statement. When mom broke up with him, he came right back. She promised me he was gone and he came back. She lied to me and they will too. Everyone will.

"Dylan and Ben I think you should leave the room for a few minutes. We need to talk to her alone." Cole says.

"No way in hell am I leaving right now," I assume that is Dylan by the tone of his voice but it came from the other side of the room. It is Ben.