Chapter 34

Once Xander leaves I let out a deep breath. My nose really freaking hurts. I just didn't want him to know how bad it is. He was already so scared before blood came out, I don't know what he would do if he knew how bad it is. I've had a broken nose before and it felt really similar to this. Crap, I really can't have a broken nose right now.

When I tilt my head down a little, I see a car pull up in front of the house. It's a dark blue truck and it looks vaguely familiar. As soon as I see the people coming out of the car recognize it immediately. Just my luck, the couple minutes I am outside, Dylan shows up.

He doesn't seem to notice me as I stand up and quickly rush inside. I hold my bloody tissue to my nose and attempt to open the front door. Due to the fact that my hands are drenched in blood it takes a couple tries for the knob to actually spin.

Once I'm inside I push through the, now larger, crowd of people and make my way back to the bathroom. I knock on the door ten times before someone opens it.

"Woah, chill," I hear a man's voice say as the door opens. He takes one look at me and realizes. "Oh, crap. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine." I say pushing him out of the way and locking the door behind me.

I go to the sink and splash water on my face over and over until the dried blood is gone. When I turn off the sink I hear a low moaning sound.

"Um, is someone here?" I ask.

That's when I hear someone start coughing. It's coming from inside the shower.

"I'm going to open the curtain. Okay?" I ask, trying to prepare whoever is inside.

When I pull the fabric I see a random teenage boy I have never seen before laying in the bathtub fully clothed. The bath is half full of water and I see beer bottles floating around.

The man keeps groaning and muttering words I can't seem to comprehend. Should I help him? Do I leave him here?"

He looks tall enough that even if his head dropped a couple inches he wouldn't drown, but I still decide to help him.

"Come, let's get you up." I say, trying to hold up his head.

"No," I hear him mutter.

Not wanting to upset him I place his head back in the same position.

"Can you get out of the bath?" I ask.

His eyes are still closed and he refuses to even turn his head in my direction. I feel the blood coming from my nose again so I wipe everything with a piece of toilet paper.

"Blood," I hear the man say. At least he can talk now.

"Yes, blood. Now can we get you up?" I ask again. It feels like I'm talking to a toddler, a really annoying toddler.

The man opens his eyes finally. "Woah," he says. His eyes go up and down my body taking in every inch. Suddenly I feel something wrong. Sometimes right before something bad happens I get this sixth sense on what is about to happen. Right now, I've had enough bad for the evening. I pull out my phone and call Xander. It rings six times before it goes to voicemail.

I have to get out of here. I will just tell someone else to deal with the situation. When I turn around I hear water dripping. Time to go, Skylar.

"Try not to slip," I yell to the man as I fumble with the lock. The door opens and my breathing stabilizes.

He could have been the nicest guy in the world but men and alcohol have really bad memories engraved in my mind so I was not taking the chance.

I walk around towards the table to see if anyone I know is there. Hoping that Zoey and Oliver are still there from a couple hours ago. By the time I make two laps around the house I have yet to find anyone, even Dylan, which I am grateful for. I look at my phone to see if I have any missed calls. None. Where on earth is Xander. I want to go home.

I decide to go back outside, maybe Xander is waiting for me there. When I open the door to leave I see the small smudges of blood left over. I take the edge of my shirt and lift it a little so I can get rid of the blood before it stains the wood.

When I get outside I walk around the entire front yard, the sides of the house, and the backyard, and still no one. It's too hot inside and I really don't want to talk to anyone right now.

Maybe I should just call Zach or Cole to pick me up. I'm exhausted and my head is killing and my vision is slightly lacking. I see another car pull up near the house. How many people are coming to this stupid party? The car slows before the house, a kid jumps out and the car begins to pull away. When it reaches right in front of the house it slows again. The windows are tinted so I can't see who it is. The kid that came out of that car is walking up the stairs. He doesn't even see me but I can smell him. He reeks of alcohol and I am thankful he didn't speak to me.

I forget about the car and go on my phone. The face ID refuses to work because of the blood all over my face.

"Skylar?" A voice asks.

I look up. "Who is that?" I squint.

"Liam," the voice says. Oh no, I don't want him seeing me like this.

"What happened to your face?" he asks, horrified.

"Door slammed into me."

"Here's a new tissue," he says, sticking his hand into his pocket and pulling out a small packet of unused tissues.

"Thanks," I say, taking it from him.

"Do you need a ride home?"

"You just got here."

"I wasn't going to stay, I was dropping off my brother."

"Oh okay."

"So do you want a ride home?" he asks again.

"You don't have to. It's far from here."

"I don't mind. Come. It's not safe out here alone."

"Wait a second, did you say you were dropping off your brother?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Umm, no reason. J-just curious," I stutter.

He starts to walk away. His brother is here. Xander is here. What is he going to do if he sees him. I have to warn Xander.

"Are you coming?" he shouts from the sidewalk.

I probably shouldn't go with him but I really don't want to be here anymore and I can't find anyone.

I shake off the bad feelings and stand up from the concrete. "Coming."