Chapter 23

The door shuts and makes a loud noise. I feel the tension in the air. Jake and I are still staring at each other waiting for the other to look away. Feeling uncomfortable I finally look down at my hands and start picking at my fingers.

"I am not sure what Dylan told you when you both first got here but I lead a team of 150 men and women here. We train hundreds of people per year but only a couple are chosen to stay with us. What we do is very complicated but I can try to explain the basics; however, I would like to take you on a tour first."

"Okay."

He stands up and slowly walks to the door and holds it open for me. He gestures for me to go out first so I do just that. We step out into the hallways and he takes me back the way Dylan and I came. We pass reception again and I give a polite wave to Carla. She smiles and waves back.

Instead of going down the stairs from where I came earlier we take the first left. There is another hallway with four doors.

"These doors lead to Cole, Zach, Ben, and Dylan's office."

Jake knocks on the second door and I hear Zach's voice telling us to come in. We walk into the room. It's mostly black. A black leather couch sits right next to the door with two matching chairs. There is a giant desk in the middle of the room with him sitting behind it. The layout is almost symmetrical to Jake's office, just slightly smaller.

"Zach, would you like to accompany us on our tour?" Jake asks, his voice soundly so proper and bosslike.

"I would love to."

Zach gets up from his desk and we leave the room. We go back down the hallway and Jake leads us to an elevator. He presses the down button and when the elevator arrives we climb in. It is full of mirrors making the space seem larger than it is. The machine makes a loud ding and then the doors open.

We walk out of the elevator and I see a giant room with a lot of workout equipment. The whole back wall is covered in mirrors and the left side has a lot of machines you would find in a gym. The rest of the room is empty, except for the matted floor. The room has a red theme to it. I see a sign that reads "Locker Room" over the door. By the locker room there is a small table with a lot of white powder on it. There is a small sign and it stays "Chalk" in red letters. I walk deeper into the room and turn around trying to take everything in.

"Zach is in charge of training. He finds people from all over the world and brings them here to train them for our company. After a year of training he picks out the best ones and asks them to stay. It's a lot of work but he manages it pretty well."

"Wow a compliment," Zach says, with humor in his voice.

"I said 'pretty well,' don't flatter yourself," Jake laughs at him.

"What do you train them for?" I ask. Why won't they just tell me the question that I've been wanting to know this whole time? I mean the tout is nice and all by myself I'm dying to know what all this is for.

"You'll know soon enough, baby sis. Patience," Zach replies, without answering my question.

"Well, that's all I need you for Zach."

"Is that supposed to be the nice way of getting me to leave you guys alone?" Zach asks.

"I wasn't trying to be nice, but yes."

"Okay then. See you later."

Jake continues walking through the gym to another door. He opens it and it's a staircase. He takes the steps two at a time. I am practically running to keep up with him. By the time we reach the top I am out of breath.