Epilogue

"Just do it."

"She's my friend."

"I'm your father and I tell you what to do."

"I can't." Before I turn to walk away from the kitchen his hand collides with my cheek. I look up at him in utter shock, he just slapped me.

"Just go lock the door, Viv," he pauses. "I need you to do this for me."

He just slapped me, and now he is forcing me to trap one of my closest friends in a bathroom. What is going on?

"Why can't you?"

"It's the ladies room. I am not a lady."

I stop not sure what to do. What's the worst that could happen? "Fine but never touch me ever again," I whisper at him.

__

"Hunter, make a perimeter with your team. Jacob, go through the size entrance and wait by the stairs inside. Everyone," I pause looking around, "wait for the signal."

I wait for everyone to scatter before I make my entrance, right through the front door. "Now."

We all walk through the now broken door. Guns in our hands and grenades in our pockets.

The sounds of bullets ricocheting off the walls fills my ear. The sound of pain and the smell of death fill the air.

"Jake, over here," I hear Cole's voice coming from the top of the stairs.

I walk off the metal stairs of the dirty old warehouse with complete grace, leaving time for his fear to overtake him. He deserves it. All of it.

"Jake Williams, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," he puts out his hand.

"Do you want me to cut it off?" I ask, with a cruel smile. He put his hand back down. "It's over."

"Seems like it," he responds.

"Hunter, take him away," I gesture to my partner.

Hunter walks over to him and elbows him straight in the nose. Nice shot. He takes a pair of zip ties out of his pocket and a pair of handcuffs to go along. As Hunter starts to walk him out of the building I stop him.

"Hold up, Hunter." I raise my gun slightly aiming at his leg and hold down the trigger. He falls back into Hunter from the impact but Hunter keeps him upright and continues to pull him away. He's gone now. It's over.

I look down seeing all the commotion. Blood stains the floor below. The room vibrates with a sound that feels like it will never end.

"Pull out," I command. With that, everyone stops what they are doing and looks up at me. "Anyone who isn't dead, bring them to headquarters. It's over. We won."

Everyone shuffles out of the room, either dragging bodies with them or just holding themselves. I scout out the corpses scattered all over making sure none of the men are mine.

"Jake," I hear Cole's voice again.

"Yes?" I question, hoping to hear good news.

"There is a kid here."

"What?"

I walk over to where Cole is standing and see a small boy curled in a ball covering his ears. I crouch down to his level. He's unconscious. I see a glare coming from his neck. A chain. I pull on the chain and see a dog tag attached to it. There is a name. Xander.

__

"Dammit, Jake," Cole shouts, stomping into Jake's office.

"Calm down."

"No. I will not calm down. You're going to have to tell her eventually."

"Not yet."

"Why the fuck not?"

"If she finds out, she's going to want to help. It's too dangerous."

"You don't think Skylar has a right to know that her mother may still be alive?"

"No. She does not if it concerns her safety. End of discussion. You may go now," Jake says authoritatively pointing at the door.

Cole lets out a breath, his head racing and walks out the door slamming it behind him.