Chapter 36

When I walk into the house no one is there thankfully, that means they didn't see Liam dropping me off. Heading upstairs to my room, I try to be as quiet as possible. If any of the boys see me in this outfit or with blood on my face I'll be dead.

I get to my room, place the wings gently on the floor so I can give them back to Zoey, and throw all my clothes in the laundry basket. After taking a quick shower, I no longer look like I just came out of a lion's den.

Starving, I decide to go downstairs to get something to eat. When I reach the kitchen, Zach, Cole, and Jake are all there waiting.

"Hey guys."

"Skylar," Jake nods.

I go over to the fridge to get anything to put into my body. I find some watermelon and take it to the table.

"How were your friends?" Zach asks.

"It was good, kind of boring though."

I continue to munch on the rest of the watermelon while the boys watch me. They want to say something else, I know it, but they are refraining. I didn't do anything wrong, why would they be mad at me?

"Did you see Ben and Dylan where you were hanging out?" Cole asks. Crap. Crap crap crap. This is where it falls apart.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"Did they see you?" Jake questions, his brow furrowing.

"I don't think so. Why?" I don't like where this is going.

"You don't me you were going to hang out with a few friends, Skylar, not go to a giant party in some random kids house," Zach finally blurts out.

"I thought you knew. I didn't mean to hide anything or lie." I answer quickly, trying to get myself out of as much trouble as possible.

"You left out so many details. That's lying by omission, Sky."

"Why didn't you just tell us the whole truth?" Cole says, looking down on me. I hate when he's upset. He's always so kind to me it feels terrible not being able to reciprocate the feeling.

I shrug my shoulders, not wanting to answer his question. I know he is right but I don't want to admit it.

"Skylar, we probably would have let you go anyways. You should never keep these things from us. Thankfully, Brad was there the whole time so we knew you were safe, but still let us know where you are."

Brad? I guess that's what Mr. Bodyguard's name is. Good to know.

"I know, I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Good. Because you lied to us this time, the next time you want to go out with your friends, either Dylan or Ben are coming with you."

"Really?" I sigh.

"Yes. Really," Jake answers.

"Okay."

"Now, what happened at the party that was so boring?" Zach asks, genuinely intrigued. "Last time I went to that kids house his party was crazy." Jake gives him a look to shut up, but he keeps rambling about fireworks and how the police had to come to break up the party.

"Well, this time it was definitely not as crazy. There were a ton of people that I didn't know and didn't even recognize. At one point I was in the bathroom and I look over and there was some guy passed out in the bathtub."

"What?" Cole asks. "Was he conscious?"

"Yeah, I woke him up and helped him out of the tub to make sure he didn't drown but then he was acting weird so I left."