Chapter 1

—Harry POV—

"As in, the Harry Potter? From the books? And Draco Malfoy? The bad guy?"

I politely cut 'Doctor Baker' off: "I-I, read somewhere that you aren't allowed to share patients' information. That... it's illegal. You can't do it."

"Oh, yes. Under the laws of HIPAA, I cannot disclose any of a patient's personal information, and what happens in this room, stays in this room. The only exception to this law is that I can disclose any and all information if there are any emergencies, and I am led to believe that you are an immediate danger to yourself or others. I am also allowed to share information with anyone that might be taking care of you if I find it necessary or helpful that they know."

I blinked a couple of times, swallowing my nerves. "Uhm, Right... er, because of these books, you can't go around telling people that I, uhm..." I found myself struggling to speak, and bowed my head in concentration, leg bouncing up and down. I felt Draco's hand find my knee. He squeezed gently, to bring me back, then took the opportunity to speak:

"Disclosing our information is dangerous at the moment, but we found it more crucial that Harry comes and speaks to a professional. If for any reason we believe that you will not keep us under secrecy, or find that you have decided to announce to the world that the Wizarding World is in fact real, we will be leaving, and erasing your memory. Also note that your lack of forethought will put us in danger, and will land us both in prison for seeking you out." He stated. Spoken like a true professional. I let out a rueful laugh, fidgeting with my sleeve.

"I see, and I understand fully the gravity of your predicament. Well, I assure you there is absolutely nothing to worry about." He said, taking out his clipboard. "So, Harry, Draco is your..." My heart rate sped up, making me tremble, and for a second I thought I wouldn't be able to answer the man.

"Boyfriend." Draco interrupted. "We are in a relationship."

"I see." He mumbled, scribbling in his notepad. "So, tell me about yourselves- I mean, the two of you. How did this come to be?" He said, trying and failing to hide his bewilderment.

"I ran into him in Muggle America... we began speaking, and it just, happened." I explained, glancing up at the man every so-often, growing antsy over the sound of his pen harshly scraping the paper as he wrote whatever he seemed to find so noteworthy.

"I see, and..." He moved his hands in a circular motion, as though to prompt us to continue speaking.

"And what?" I questioned.

"Well, forgive me, but the books talk about you and Ginny Weasley," I flinched slightly at that. "And you married..." He pointed at Draco "Forgive me, I don't remember...?"

"Well I was married to her," I bit harshly, before calming down, keeping an intense stare. "We divorced. It was mutual. But that's not why I'm here, I-"

"If you must know, Astoria passed during childbirth eight years ago." Draco stated, clipping his voice.

"I see- well, it's not surprising," I gave him a look of nasty surprise. 'Not surprising?' What is that supposed to mean? I forced myself to calm down when I remembered that he must have somehow known about Astoria's blood curse, through one source or another. I don't even know anymore, and I should assume that everyone knows every excruciating detail about my life, and that of anyone even loosely associated with me.

"Harry, I couldn't help but notice you have quite the habit of fidgeting and moving around. You also have a particular interest in your sleeve, there."

"I-I'm just feeling anxious, sir. It's nothing."

"I see, well how about I give you some tips before nothing turns into something. Have you ever heard of grounding techniques?"