Chapter 4

—Harry POV—

"A... what?" I asked, blinking a few times to clear up any brain fog that prevented me from understanding Draco.

"He took my wand and turned his bedsheets into a sandbox. A sandbox! Full of actual sand!" He complained wide-eyed. "Wh- I mean... where did he learn such behavior?! I reckon its those boys, going to Hogwarts and causing mischief-" I shook my head, realizing that I'd nearly zoned out again.

"Hey, Scorpius is mischievous all on his own." I defended. "Remember the time he tried gluing the pots and pans to the counter?"

"That was stupid little-kid stuff." He scoffed, waving a hand dismissively. "And it was muggle school glue. That did nothing but create a sticky mess... Oh Merlin the mess. I reckon there's still sand in my shoes. He stuck out his arm as he removed his left shoe, the sudden movement startling me into reality all over again. I helped him keep his balance as he spilled sand from his shoe onto the floor, before taking his wand out and casting a  wordless 'scourgify', muttering about how absolutely ridiculous his son had behaved. He stood back up, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"If you see him trying to find the game console I hid, you tell me." He said pointedly.

"Uhm, I may not entirely be seeing the point of this," I began, "but if we could easily reverse the whole thing and get rid of the mess that was obviously unintentional, then why are you so upset?" I asked.

"Why am I...? Because he rarely behaves like this! The bugger stole my wand! He stole my wand! What if his mindless pointing around caused an explosion instead of a sandbox-"

"Okay, okay... I guess I, wasn't thinking." I said, taking a breath and bringing my hand to pinch the bridge of my nose. "You can't entirely blame him, I mean, he's already, what, ten?"

"Nine." He interrupted.

"Nearly ten anyway." I reasoned.

"It's been six months since he's turned, he's no closer to turning ten than is from being eight again." Draco stubbornly told me as he crossed his arms over his chest.

The point is," I huffed, "He knows we can do magic, and now Teddy even has a wand, even if he can't use it. He probably feels... I don't know... left out?" Draco stared at me with steely eyes narrowed before letting out a huff of air and uncrossing his arms.

"Okay, fine. But he still shouldn't have done it." He agreed stubbornly.

"I concur. What did you do about it?" I asked, mildly curious.

"Well I scolded him, of course, I told him that it was beyond dangerous especially considering he doesn't know how to use it. I took his Wii console."

"And you cleaned the mess, too?"

"Oh don't be daft, Potter."

"I'm just trying to show you there's no reason to still be upset." I concluded. He stopped after I told him that, and stayed there staring at me for an uncharacteristically long amount of time. After a moment he seemed to snap out of it, looking away with a sigh.

"It's just... nine years old! And soon enough he'll actually be able to intentionally make his bedsheets into a sandbox." He chuckled ruefully. "He never acts out, though. And it was dangerous, I just... What if it really was a disaster? Dying by my wand is good as dying by my hand." I went towards him with a start, shocked at his words and how they so suddenly turned the conversation sour.

"But Draco, he's fine." I said with a caring voice. "It was a harmless accident, there's no need to think about if it were otherwise." I put a hand on his shoulder.