Chapter 43

—Harry POV—

"What do you mean Ron isn't answering his floo?!" Just then Hermione hissed in pain, forcing Draco's hand to her own, giving it a death grip, forcing large controlled breaths.

"Uhm, maybe he's on the field," I suggested half heartedly.

"Whatever, I'll be fine," she heaved. Draco and I looked at each other as we both knew she was just saying that. "Do either of you know how to drive?"

"The man whose hand you are currently breaking," replied Draco, though he was supporting her all the same as he complained about her grip.

"Dada, is she okay?" Piped Scorpius, glancing between Draco, Hermione, and Rose. I tried contacting Ron's office again, praying he answered.

"I'm just fine, Scorpius-" she heaved in a breath. "Rose is about to have a brother," she said neatly. "Draco, the flying car, it's a Ford Focus. Please, let's go now!"

Soon, the green flames died out with no answer from Ron. I removed my head from the fireplace, watching as Draco guided Hermione, ignoring he slight twist in my gut that came from Ron's lack of presence.

"Do you have a bag? Something you prepared?" Draco asked her, she nodded.

"In the bedroom upstairs." With a glance towards me from Draco, I promptly ran up the stairs, rounding the corner into her and Ron's room, where, placed right by the door, was a navy bag with small illustrations of birds on it. I swiftly picked it up, before meeting Draco, Hermione, Scorpius, and Rose outside.

"We're going to the nearest Muggle Hospital," Hermione declared as Draco started the car. He snapped his head towards her, a look of offense and confusion across his face.

"What on earth for? I'm sure St. Mungo's would make for a much more swift delivery-"

"I want my parents to be there," she responded without second thought. "It's easier for them at a Muggle Hospital."

Off of my periphery I saw Scorpius and Rose engaging in a game of paper, scissors, stone. Draco shrugged and started the car.

"Harry, can you call my mum, please? my phone should be in the bag you got."

"Sure, just give me a second," I responded, unzipping the bag. Sure enough, her phone was neatly placed at the very top of the bag, on top of a pile of folded clothes.

Unlocking the phone, I searched through her contacts, landing on one labeled with her mum's name.

"Hi dear, how are you?"

"Hello, Mrs. Granger? This is Hermione's friend, I wanted to let you know that we are en-route to the nearest hospital-" She let out a gasp.

"Is she okay?!" My eyes widened.

"No- Yes! She's perfectly fine, ma'am. She's giving birth," I explained.

She thanked me for the news and hung up soon after, calling out for Hermione's father, probably to tell him what was happening.

"You really need to learn how to deliver news," Draco joked. "You probably scared them out their wits for half of a second there."

"Ha-ha," I replied sarcastically, crossing my arms and resisting the urge to stick my tongue out. I looked out the window at the clear sky, mind wandering towards why Ron didn't answer the floo. Soon, Hermione let out a yelp in pain, hissing and pressing herself into the seat she was sitting in, gripping the overhead handle as she did so.

"We're not far," commented Draco, making a turn. I wondered how it was that he always managed to stay calm even in the most odd situations. Then I remembered he must've gone through a similar, or perhaps more painful process, when Astoria gave birth to Scorpius.