Chapter 9

Geethanjali had been thinking about Ajay's offer since a day, should I accept his offer...maybe he isn't as bad as I thought he is...I can understand he has had bad experience with people doing two jobs that's why he reacted in that way...he doesn't look down upon any job...he loves the kids as much as I do...the kids also love him so much (she smiles thinking about the kids...but her smile vanishes thinking about the moment she had with him)...no I can't let anyone come close to me...but how could I get stay in his arms like that...my heart can't beat like that...I can't get lost in his eyes...no no no this can't happen...I can't. When she was in deep thoughts Madhu enters her room and sits next to Geet "Geet what are you thinking baby", Geet looks at her and puts her head in her lap "Maa can I", Madhu smiles "Ofcourse Geet do you even have to ask", Madhu caresses her hair while Geet feels at peace lying on her mother's lap, Madhu understands that something is bothering Geet that's why she is deep thought "What is bothering you beta" Geet "Maa I met Mr.Chowdhary yesterday in the NGO when I went to drop one of the kid" Madhu "Did he say something Geet" Geet "He apologized Maa and he wants me to work with him as his designer...this time he's not stopping me from my school work" Madhu "That's great baby...why don't you accept the offer" Geet "I want to but..." Madhu looks at Geet "But what Geet", Geet drifts into thinking her being in his arms flashes in front of her eyes, she remembers her heart beating hard and fast when she was in his embrace, no no this can't happen I can't think about him like this...I will stay away from him...I'm anyways going to be one of his employee it's not like he is going to treat me any special so I will stay away from him. Madhu calls Geet again "Geet" bringing her out of her thinking, "Haan...haan Maa", Madhu "What happened what are you thinking I'm seeing you since yesterday since you came from the NGO you seem to be lost in your thoughts" Geet "Nothing Maa just thinking whether I should accept his offer or not" Madhu "I think you should...he's not so bad I guess he has apologized right" Geet "Yes Maa...I'll go to the office tomorrow to let them know my decision", Madhu smiles "Okay now sleep... your thinking too much", Madhu keeps caressing her hair making Geet drift into sleep.

Ajay on the other hand had been restless since the last two days not hearing anything back from Geethanjali. His heart was not at peace, even he didn't know why he was feeling so, his brain keeps flashing her eyes and her being in his arms whenever he tries to close his eyes, he was getting frustrated not knowing what to do how to get her image out of his head, What is this...why am I seeing her face her eyes everytime I close my eyes...why am I waiting for her...uhhhh what is this why my heart beats fast whenever her face comes in front of me...this did not happen the first time when we met then why now...ummm what am I going to do how do I get this image out of my head...something is definitely wrong with me...nobody goes mad seeing a person just twice...seems like I will definitely go mad and soon be admitted in an asylum for going mad thinking about this woman. At the time Anushka comes into his cabin "Sir...Geethanjali Ma'am is here", hearing Geethanjali's name he thinks he is imagining things "Anushka what do you want" Anushka again repeats what she had said "Sir Geethanjali Ma'am is here" Ajay on hearing that again realises that he isn't imagining things "Did you really say that Geethanjali is here" Anushka "Yes Sir" Ajay was shocked hearing that she is actually present there, he was not sure how his heart would react seeing her "Ohh...umm...send her in and call Vishakha also".

Geet enters his cabin "Good Afternoon Mr.Chowdhary", Ajay fidgets with his hand "Good Afternoon Miss.Iyer...have a seat", Geet starts "I thought about what you had said...and I'm ready to work with you", Vishakha enters his cabin and sees that Geet is already there, Ajay introduces Vish to Geet "Miss.Iyer this is our director...", Vish smiles and forwards her hand "Vishakha Chowdhary", Geet shakes her hand smiling "Geethanjali Iyer". Ajay's heart skips a beat with her smile, huh😏! She doesn't smile while talking to me...but to Vish she smiles...her smile makes her look beautiful, Geet smiles seeing that Vish is pregnant "Congratulations Ma'am" Vish smiles "Thank you but no Ma'am please call me Vishakha or Vish Geethanjali" Geet "Okay sure Vish", Ajay rolls his eyes "If your done with introductions can we focus on the work for which we are here" Vish smirks "Fine", Geet looking at them both thinks This man is so serious when it comes to business that he even doesn't care if it is his wife he is scolding that too a pregnant one.

They three sit down to complete all the formalities for Geet's joining of 'Sunshine Group', everytime Vish says something Geet smiles causing her dimples to be visible making his heart skip multiple beats. Vish keeps looking at Ajay for any emotions that cross his face, she finds his eyes going all dreamy and him stuttering everytime Geet smiles, she was amused seeing his reactions, The Ajay Chowdhary who has never been nervous or has stammered is for the first time stuttering seeing a girl...this is going to be fun...Mom has chosen the best for him...just wait and watch Ajju how she is going to have you wrapped around her little finger without even you noticing...then all your blabbering about love and marriage is shit will go into shit. Vish calls him while he's lost in Geet's smile "Ajay...", Vish doesn't get any response from him, this time she calls him a bit louder "Ajay...", Ajay comes out of his trance "Ha...haan Vish...what ha...happened", Vish chuckles to herself looking at Ajay "Let's go introduce her team to her" Ajay "Uhh...yeah sure...but are you sure you want to come along" Geet looks at Vish "I think you should stay here Vish...it's not good for you to keep moving in the lift" Vish "It's okay Ajay, Geet...I can come it's not a problem" Ajay "But..." Vish glares at him "I will come" Ajay finally gives up "Fine", Geet smiles looking at them both, they are cute...her one glare stopped him from talking...he knows his wife's mood swings, Ajay and Geet along with Vish go to introduce her team to her.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini