Chapter 17

Geet runs to her cabin from his and locks the door of her cabin so that no one can enter and closes all the curtains. She was still breathing heavily due to her almost kiss with Ajay, her eyes glisten thinking about it, she slides down the door keeping her head in her hands, what am I doing...I...I can't do this...He...he was about to ki...kiss me...and..and I was letting it happen...I'm letting myself get close to him...this...this is wrong...I can't do this to Vishnu...I'm sorry Vishnu I...I don't know what's happening to me...why am I letting him get close to me...this is wrong...I can't be with him...but it feels right... doesn't it...yes...no...this isn't right...don't you feel anything for him...I do but I shouldn't that's the problem...This Anjali is only Vishnu's no one else can come into my life...but he already has...you know it...He shouldn't...if only you had a control on your heart, she breaks down with the continuous battle between her heart and brain, her heart knew she felt something for Ajay but her brain kept warning her not to.

While Ajay was embracing the feeling of his new found love, Geet was battling with her own self to set things right yet was failing with her mind and heart in conflict. Her mind constantly kept reminding her of Vishnu but then her heart again flashed her moments with Ajay, Mumma please help me...I don't know what to do anymore...I don't know what to feel anymore...One side I feel like I'm cheating Vishnu while one side it feels right...My heart is telling me whatever it is happening with Mr.Chowdhary is right...it's telling me to live again...but my mind keeps reminding me of Vishnu and what happens to the people I get attached to...why did I not like Kanishka clinging to Mr.Chowdhary...I know one thing...I don't know what I'm going to do is right or wrong but this is for the better, she wipes her tears and stands up with a determined face, I know what I should do now...the board of directors will decide right who is going to work here...then be it...it will be Kanishka who will work here...I have not seen Kanishka's design but I need to make sure her designs are better than mine...that's the only way I can leave from here and stay away from him.

Later in the evening, while leaving for home, Geet goes to her Mumma to get her much needed peace. As usual she takes flowers to her, she had heard from the father that her mother loved roses especially the white ones, so she always takes white roses with her. Tears flow from her eyes as soon as she sits down to talk, Mumma why is this happening to me...I didn't ask for any of this to happen...how can I even let him come close to me Mumma...why can't I stop myself...why does this heart not listen to me Mumma...why does it go back to him...Vishnu would hate me for this Mumma...but why does being with him feel right...how do I control these emotions which come out whenever I'm with him...Please tell me Mumma...I wish you could tell me what I should do...I know if I tell this to Maa she would ask me to get married but that feels like I'm cheating on Vishnu...he was about to confess his feelings on that day...how could I forget that...I didn't even get to hear about his feelings for me...this Anjali Vishnu's alone...I won't let anyone else into my life Mumma, she wipes her tears and leaves from there for home.

As soon as she enters in her home, she sees Madhu and Krishna waiting for her, Madhu smiles "You are here...go freshen up and come fast...I have made your favorite Masala dosa", she didn't feel like eating, she had already lost her appetite but not to make her Maa disappointed she agreed. She freshens up and goes to have her dinner, Madhu serves to her and she eats it quietly, seeing her this quiet Madhu understands that something is going on in her head, "Geet What happened baby...why are you so silent today", Geet looks at her startled "Nothing Maa...just thinking about work", though Madhu knew it wasn't just that she let her be knowing that sooner or later she will tell her. She goes back to her room after eating a little, she stands in her balcony looking at the twinkling stars, why are you all twinkling so much today...Vishnu, Dad and Mumma is with you na...please tell them to come back to me🥺... Vishnu I really wish you were here...I wanted to start our relationship as husband and wife after my college completed...but I guess nothing goes according to our plan...I don't know why I get affected by Mr.Chowdhary and what is that feeling when I'm close to him...I don't know why I like this feeling and like being close to him...but I won't let him affect me anymore...I will stay on my decision Vishnu...I will leave Sunshine office soon and that way I will stay away from him and make sure these feelings don't occur again...as I said Anjali is only Vishnu's, she goes back to her room and lies down but whenever she closes her eyes their almost kiss keeps flashing in front of her not letting her sleep in peace.

Ajay on the other hand, was standing in his balcony sipping his coffee also looking at the stars, why do these stars seem to shine brighter today✨... Everyday they do twinkle but today it seems to be twinkling more..maybe it's just you noticing the stars properly now...no I see them daily...you see them daily but today is the day you noticed them twinkling in the sky...well I would say your going crazy in your love for Geet that everything seems brighter now...(he smiles)...maybe...Geetu...my Geetu... Ajay's Geetu💖...hmmm...sounds nice...my divine beauty...also tigress when she angry...and a cute shy nervous wreck when I get close to her...can I hide her from everyone so that no one looks at my woman....hmm but how am I going to woo this woman of mine...I don't even know if she feels the same for me...she does get affected by my closeness but how do I find out if she feels something for me, Vish enters into his room and finds him standing in his balcony, she goes and stands next to him "Thinking of how to woo Geet", Ajay gets startled with Vish's sudden presence, he keeps his hand on his heart and breathes a sigh a relief "Vish...yaar why do you like scaring me like this", Vish laughs "Everyone should know the great Ajay Chowdhary gets scared" Ajay shakes his head looking back at the stars, Vish looks at him "Back to my question...thinking of ways to woo Geet...or atleast know if she feels something for you", Ajay keeps looking at the stars and nods "Hmm", Vish smiles "You already know the answer to that cause you have already felt that...think more" Ajay looks at her confused "Whattt...yaar don't confuse me...I'm already confused" Vish "Think Ajju think" and she leaves from his room, Ajay keeps thinking, what was Vish saying...yaar this Vish she confused me...what is it that I already know, he keeps thinking when an idea pops in his mind and he smiles, Now I know what to do...just wait for tomorrow Ms.Iyer😉, he goes to his bed and lies down to sleep but sleep was far away from his eyes as his heart keeps going back to Geet.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini