Chapter 45

Soon in the afternoon, everyone gathered for lunch, Geet and Ajay were made to sit together, the Reddy's were also there with the Chowdhary's as Ajay and Geet's reception was arranged only after 2 days. Ajay and Geet were silently eating their food stealing glances at eachother, Anirudh "Kids why don't you feed eachother", everyone looks at them teasingly "Ahem Ahem", Geet and Ajay blush, Sumithra "Don't mind these monkeys 🐒...you feed eachother kids". Ajay takes the ladoo and feeds it to Geet, Geet also feeds him the ladoo, everyone hoots as they feed eachother. Ajay again starts feeding her the sambar rice, Varun starts teasing him "Ahem Ahem Ajju Dad only told you to feed her the sweet...but you... continue continue", Geet turns completely red while Ajay looks down feeling embarrassed and they start eating from their plates quietly.

After having their lunch everyone retires to their room being tired, Roshini takes Geet to her room, Ajay goes to his room. Roshini takes out a set of antique gold earrings and gives it to Geet, Geet looks at those "What's this Maa", Roshini caresses her cheeks "This is my gift to you", Geet hugs her "Maa this is beautiful... thank you so much", Roshini "Geet you should not say thank to your Mother", Geet smiles "Okay...Maa can I sleep on your lap", Roshini smiles "Sure dear". She lies down on Roshini's lap, Roshini keeps caressing Geet hair and she drifts into sleep. When Geet doesn't come to the room for sometime Ajay goes to his mother's room, he sees Geet sleeping in his mother's lap, Ajay goes into his mother's room and lies down on her lap next to Geet, Roshini smiles and caresses both their hair, "Ajju what are you doing here", Ajay "I also want to sleep on your lap", Roshini "Really or did you come here for Geet", Ajay smiles "Both", Roshini smiles, Ajay also drifts into sleep with Roshini's continuous patting, seeing both of her children sleeping peacefully Roshini also drifts into sleep.

Later in the evening, everyone freshens up and have their tea along with snacks. Roshini "Ajju Geet go and get ready...we are going to temple", Ajay "Okay Maa", Roshini "Geet your things are already in your room ma" Geet smiles and nods. Ajay and Geet go to their room, they both were feeling nervous, till now someone or other was always with them, they were not left alone, staying in the same room with each other was making them both feel nervous, Ajay speaks up before Geet "Umm Geet you get ready in the room itself I'll get ready in the bathroom", Geet just nods. Ajay takes his kurta and goes to the bathroom, Geet takes her suitcase and takes out a white saree to wear to the temple. When Geet was only half way through draping her saree the door of the bathroom opens and Ajay steps out, he had thought that Geet would be changing in the closet while Geet was startled hearing the door open and the pallu of the saree falls from her hand. Ajay was just frozen on his spot on seeing Geet, his heart was running a marathon, his hormone were getting teased looking at her, Geet runs into the closet feeling embarrassed. Ajay realises what he was doing and feels embarrassed for staring at Geet like that "Shit what were you thinking Ajju...now how am I going to face her", he literally runs out of the room so that he won't have to face her for now atleast. He was sitting in the living room, his thoughts keep going back to Geet, her hourglass figure, milky waist and lush long brown hair, even thinking about all those were arousing his hormones, stop the thinking Ajju...else you would need a cold shower before going to the temple.

Geet comes out of the closet once she completes draping her saree, she peeps her head through closet door to check if Ajay is still there, she steps out once she makes sure that he isn't there. She sits in front of the dressing table combing her hair, she was thinking about Ajay, Oh God how am I going to face him🙈...what was I thinking standing here itself even after Ajay came out...I should have run inside as soon as I heard the door open...how do I go infront of him now...the way he was staring was just too intense 😳. After sometime she musters her courage and goes down to the living room, everyone was there in the living room so Geet was a bit relieved that she doesn't have to be alone with him. Roshini sees Geet "You are here Geet...then let's go", Roshini, Sumithra, Anirudh, Devraj and Aditi were going along with Ajay and Geet while the others were staying back, they had a very important work to do, that is to decorate to newly weds room for their first night. Ajay looks at the others "Are you guys not coming", Vikrant "No Ajju we are very tired...you guys carry on", Ajay "Okay", they leave from the house.

Roshini, Anirudh, Sumithra, Devraj and Aditi were going by one car as they thought to give privacy to them both, Geet and Ajay got nervous thinking they have to travel alone after the moment in the room. Ajay was highly doubting his self control especially when she was looking heavenly, the bridal glow on her face and the blush adorning her cheeks were become the reason for his heart running to run a race. The nuptial chain on her neck and the vermilion on her hairline, the signs of her becoming his wife was making her look divine. Ajay reminds himself to look away from her and not to embarrass himself again. Ajay and Geet get into the car, the ride to the temple was completely silent, they both were in deep thought thinking about the night where they would be left alone and to top it off it was their 'first night', the name given in itself was making them both feel restless, right then a song starts playing in the radio,

Raat akelii hai, bujh gaye diye
(The night is lonely, and the lights have gone out)
Aake mere paas, kaanon mein mere
(Come close to me, and in my ears)
Jo bhii chaahe kahiye, jo bhii chaahe kahiye
(Tell me whatever you desire)

Tum aaj mere liye ruk jaao, rut bhii hai fursat bhii hai
(Today, stop a while for me, the atmosphere is right and we are at leisure)
Tumhii na ho na sahii, mujhe tumse muhabbat hai
(You may not feel the same, but I love you)
Muhabbat kii ijaazat hai, to chhup kyuun rahiye
(I have permitted you to love me, so why remain quiet?)
Jo bhii chaahe kahiye,
(Tell me whatever it is that you desire)

They both were shocked hearing the song, Geet and Ajay forward their hand to change the song immediately.  Before the next song could start and make them both anymore awkward they reached the temple and Geet switches off the radio. They park the car and get down from the car and go inside the temple with the elders.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini