Chapter 16

Few days later, Geet was working in her cabin when Ajay enters "Ms.Iyer you were so eager to get a new designer for me right...come on someone is here", Geet looks at him "Mr.Chowdhary you could have just called me in your cabin", Ajay mutters to himself "How can I leave even the smallest chance to keep you close to me", Geet didn't hear what he had said "Did you say anything", Ajay breathes a sigh of relief that she didn't hear his mumbling "No Ms.Iyer...I didn't want to waste time sending someone to call you", Geet looks at him "Okay...let's go", while on the way to his cabin Geet mutters to herself "What is wrong with him...nowadays he doesn't send anyone to call me...he itself comes to call me...something is definitely wrong with him", she shakes her head and goes to his cabin.

A woman in her 30s was sitting in his cabin, as soon as Ajay enters in the cabin she goes to him and clings to his arm "Ajay you could have sent someone to call her na...why did you have to go", Ajay tries getting his arm out of her hold being uncomfortable "It wasn't a problem...anyway Ms.Iyer this is Kanishka Thomas...one of our oldest designers...and Kanishka this is Geethanjali Iyer my designer", Geet smiles at her "Hello" while Kanishka just nods and turns to Ajay "Come on Ajay now that I'm here you should send her home...I know you searched for a new designer just because I was in London...now I'm back for you...what's the need for her and on top of it she has resigned na", Ajay's anger was surfacing when Kanishka keeps talking about sending Geet back, Geet keeps looking elsewhere trying not to meet his eyes "She is right Mr.Chowdhary...I will go pack my things", Kanishka smirks "Good", Geet was about to leave from his cabin but Ajay pulls his arm from Kanishka's hold and holds Geet's arm stopping her "Ms.Iyer did I tell you to leave", Geet looks at him confused "No". Kanishka again takes his hand in hers "Why are you stopping her Ajay...let her go na...I'm here for you" Ajay keeps looking at Geet "The decision will be taken by the board of directors...who is to stay and who is to leave...so please wait...(He turns to Kanishka)...just because you are one of our oldest designers doesn't mean we can hire you just like that and let go of someone like Ms.Iyer", Kanishka glares at Geet after hearing that and leaves from his cabin.

Ajay pulls Geet closer and holds her waist, she was shocked and her breath hitches at his sudden action, she looks elsewhere trying to avoid his eyes that makes her go nervous while he keeps trying to capture her eyes "Look at me", still she keeps avoiding and struggles get out of his hold, he pulls her further closer tightening his hold causing her to stop breathing at their close proximity, his breath was fanning on her nose "Breathe Ms.Iyer", she lets out a shaky breath "Ma...Ma...Mr", Ajay smiles at her nervousness and stammering which happens only when he is close to her "Ms.Iyer you will get ready to leave just because some random person says so...didn't I tell you until I make sure that the person is better than you I won't let you leave...and trust me after meeting you nobody seems better". His eyes shift to her lips which were quivering due to their closeness, her mind was still stuck in their proximity, she wasn't able to process what he was saying "Aa...Aa...Ajay", his name from her mouth was enough for him to go crazy, both were breathing heavily and their breathes mixing, he connects their foreheads "Geet", her name comes out as a whisper from him mouth, he was about capture her lips in his when a knock on his cabin disturbs them bringing them back to their senses.

She pushes him off realising what was about to happen, just then his cabin door opens and Vish enters, she looks at both their flushed faces and understands that they were upto something, Geet looks at Vish "I...I have some work", she literally runs off from his cabin. Vish looks at Ajay with a suggestive smirk "What is happening Ajay", Ajay tries covering up his smile and flushes face "Nothing Vish...what did you want...you could have called me I would have come to your cabin", but he fails miserably with constant smile refusing to leave his face. Vish smirks "Had you picked my call...then I wouldn't have come but I guess....", He searches for his phone and finds missed calls from Vish, he smiles nervously "Umm sorry it was on silent", Vish looks at him "Was it on Silent or did you purposely put it on silent so that no one can disturb you and your Ms.Iyer after that annoying Kanishka left" Ajay looks elsewhere "Whatever you are thinking Vish...nothing of the sort happening" Vish "Oh please I'm your best friend...I can find out what's going on with you easily...so don't lie to me...you feel something for her don't you" Ajay looks at her shocked "Ha..How"

Vish smiles "Come on Ajju I have been with you since our childhood...don't you think I know this much about you...you run away from women but her...you aren't able to and you don't even want to...you try everything possible to keep her close...I know you called Kanishka just to show Geet that you are considering her resignation and I know you know that she won't stand a chance infront of Geet and that how much that Kanishka annoys and irritates you by clinging to you...and your flushed face and this smile which we have been dying to see is something happening only because of her...I have seen you being happy ever since she entered your life...isn't this enough for me to know that something is going on between you two...atleast with you", Ajay smiles "She is different Vish...I don't know what it is about her that pulls me towards her...it's like she is the magnet and I'm just a piece of iron which gets attracted towards the magnet helplessly...I get angry when other men look at her... especially when Kailash flirts with her...My heart flutters seeing her smile...being with her brings peace to my heart...I want to see her happy always...her tears prick me...I...I didn't know my heart could beat this hard...it's only her who can bring out these emotions in me...I don't know Vish what is this emotion I feel for her...she is beautiful...divine indeed...but it's not just physical attraction I feel towards her...it's more than that...the desire to be with her just keeps increasing with passing time...she feels like home...she drives me mad yet keeps me sane at the same time...I don't know what this feeling is Vish...but I want to have this feeling always with me for that I want to keep her close to me".

Vish looks at him surprised that he actually confessed his feelings for Geet to her, she was 100% sure that she had to do lots of blackmailing to make him spill his feelings, but then she smiles looking at him "You are in love with her you crazy guy💖", Ajay looks at her shocked "Whattt", Vish continues to smile "Yes...you have gone completely crazy in her love💕...why else do you think you want to be with her at all times...why do you think seeing her with someone else makes you mad with anger...I thought you just liked her but whatever you said...man you are in deep shit called love❤️...I didn't know the rude, cold and serious Ajay Chowdhary is so romantic", Ajay sits down on his chair with a thud when Vish's words hits him "I...I shit...no..." Vish looks at him and keeps a hand on his shoulder "I know Ajju...you don't believe in love after your dad...but love isn't a feeling you can control...it just happens when the right person comes into our life...Geet is the one for you...embrace this feeling...I will tell you one thing Ajju love is not always easy...but trust me it stands against all odds you just have to believe in your love". Vish leaves from his cabin so that he can think and come in terms with his new found feeling, I know Ajju you love her but it's not going to be easy...I can see she also gets affected by you...but her past experiences won't let her be in peace even if wants...it's going to be a tough journey ahead for you Ajju...I just hope you don't give up on her easily...she has been through hell..she still goes through it all thanks to this shit society...she needs love and only love can heal all her wounds. Ajay sits in his cabin, I...I love her?...I mean I get angry when other men talk to her...I want to have her close to me all the time...I love her being in my arms...I want to see her smile all the time...her smile gives me happiness...all these feelings is love?...Is Vish right?...I never imagined that I would fall in love with someone, he closes his eyes and thinks of all his moments with Geet, realisation hits him hard, he understands that each and every moment he had spent with her is special to him and he wanted more of such moments with her💖, he understands his emotions for her is love, his heart already knew it, he is just a bit late in realising it, he opens his eyes smiling and this time his eyes were twinkling with happiness, I love her❤️...I love my Geethanjali💖...That's why this woman drives me mad...uff Geet what have you made me into...I feel like a love-sick teenager at 30...Till now I have run from women but you always captivated me...now it's your turn Ms.Iyer...now that I know what I feel for you I'm never letting you go...not from my life not from this company...I love you Geethanjali 💕.

That's all for now guys.
I have shifted back to work from home due to increasing covid cases in Chennai
I'll try updating daily from now on❤️
Hope you all like this chapter💖
Now that Ajay has realised his love for Geet💞...what do you think will be his next move...and what do you think will be Geet's reaction?
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini