Chapter 1~The Start of it All

Reader POV

Walking through the well-lit halls of UA is a dream come true to most, and a few months ago I was no different.

 I find it funny to think about how excited I was when I first wandered through these halls trying to find my classroom. I was thrilled to find the huge door that I now stand in front of. Little did I know how much my view of that large door would change.

 It's no longer a gateway to my dreams. Now it feels more like a gateway to hell. 

Maybe I'm just being dramatic. 

I take a deep breath to steady my nerves before quietly entering the 1-A classroom. As usual, everyone either glared at me or just ignored me. I preferred the latter. How did this start you ask? 

Well, it all began two months ago when Cindy Reisha joined our class.

(flashback)

We were about 5 months into the school year. I had grown attached to my crazy classmates and was happily watching them interact with each other from my seat in the back of the class. As per usual we all immediately sat down once Mr.Aizawa walked in. "Alright class, today we have a new student joining us," he announced as a girl walked in. 

She had long strawberry blond hair that fell over her shoulders in waves before ending at her hip. She had sharp blue eyes and long, dark lashes. Her hair and makeup were done so perfectly that I was convinced she had a personal stylist.

 "Hi, my name is Cindy Reisha. My quirk is called bullet. I hope we can all be friends," she said with a small bow. "Reisha, you can sit beside (l/n) in the back." Mr.Aizawa said, before quickly falling asleep in his yellow sleeping bag, which he somehow put on during Reisha's introduction without anyone noticing. 

I raised my hand to help her find her seat faster. "Hi, my name is (y/n) (l/n). It's nice to meet you." I said somewhat quietly. "It's nice to meet you (l/n)," she responded. 

Her smile was so bright and she looked so kind.

 The rest of the day went by as you would expect. It was all fine, until lunch.

 Instead of going to the cafeteria, I went to the on-campus garden. It's just a small garden with a few different flowers and a couple of benches for students to use on their breaks as a calm place to eat. On one of the benches near an old tree sat the one and only Katsuki Bakugo.

 "Hi Kat," I said with a smile. He perked up at the sound of my voice and looked up from his phone. "Hey," he responded while stuffing his phone into his pocket. I took a seat next to him and he immediately pulled me into a tight hug. I smiled as I took the sweet smell of caramel and smoke, both a result of his quirk.

 Katsuki and I had started dating only one month prior. We had decided to keep our relationship a secret since we didn't know how the others would react and Kat didn't want anyone else to see his softer side.

 Once we broke from the hug so we could eat, I decided to start a conversation. "What do you think of Reisha?" I asked. Kat looked at me in confusion, "who?" I sighed, "the new girl in our class," I clarified. Kat just shrugged "she's just another extra that I have to beat." he said. I let out a small laugh, "try not to kill her, okay. She's one of our classmates after all." 

"The only classmate that matters is you," he said bluntly. That got me to stop laughing and start blushing. Katsuki noticed me staring and smirked, he enjoys making me blush. 

He leaned in and gave me a small kiss on the lips.

 That snapped me out of whatever trance I was in and I went back to eating my sandwich. Kat laughed at my reaction and continued eating his extra spicy curry. 

Once I finished my sandwich I stood up and stretched. "Where are you going?" Kat asked. "I need to use the washroom, I'll be right back," I said, giving a quick peck on the cheek before walking off. 

The girl's washroom was, believe it or not, mostly empty. The only other person there was Reisha. I gave her a quick wave and smiled as I passed by. Once I had finished doing my business, I walked out of the stall to see that she was gone. I washed my hands quickly and began walking back to the garden.

 On the way, I noticed Uraraka, Mina, Tsu, and Jiro surrounding someone. I heard sobbing and immediately walked over to help. "Hey is everything ok?" I asked. 

The girls turned to me with a look of hatred. I was taken aback for a second. I saw that Reisha was the girl crying. As I looked closer I noticed a dark bruise on her eye. "Reisha are you ok?" I asked in shock. I tried to walk over to help her but Jiro stopped me. 

"Don't play dumb!" she yelled. "W-what?" I stuttered. "We know you did this, (l/n)! How could you?!" Mina added in. "I didn't do anything," I replied, though it was clear none of them believed me. 

"Leave. *ribbit*" Tsu said sternly. I was shocked, these girls were my friends, did they honestly think that I would hurt someone, especially a classmate. I ran off, trying to make it to the garden as fast as I could.

 Tears were already running down my face.

(End of flashback)

After that, everyone had believed Reisha and I became the class outcast. The only one who doesn't believe her is Katsuki. I walked to my seat in the back of the class.

 Reisha no longer sat beside me "for her safety." She had asked Jiro to switch with her originally but Katsuki offered and she couldn't come up with a good excuse to say no. I learned pretty quickly that the reason Reisha hates me so much is because I'm close to Katsuki, though as far as she knows we're just friends.

 Kat had already arrived, of course, and was currently surrounded by the bakusquad. Reisha had ended up befriending the majority of the bakusquad so she was there too. I didn't listen to their conversation, instead, I pulled out my notebook and began to doodle to pass the time.

 I already knew this was going to be a long day.