37~Graduation

"In conclusion, I wish you all the best in your new careers... AS PRO HEROES."

Caps fly into the air as cheers erupt through the auditorium. Students hug each other, tears in their eyes as they laugh and cheer. 

This is it.

We made it. 

Katsuki and I share a passionate kiss in celebration of our graduation before we exit the hall with our peers. 

"We really did it Teddybear. We're full-fledged pros now." Katsuki says, gripping my hand. I nod in response but say nothing, I don't know what to say. 

I never expected this day to come. 

I never expected to live to see this day.

After the final incident with the league was over, class 3A returned to Japan for their final exams. The league seemed to follow them, as they disappeared without a trace yet later attacked UA again.

Well, not all of the league.

I wave proudly to Dabi, who came to witness my graduation. He throws me a beautiful bouquet of different (f/c) flowers, which I catch gracefully. 

"THANKS, BIG BROTHER!" I call out, earning a thumbs up from the burnt man.

Dabi got parole, allowing him the freedom to get a job and own a small apartment. He doesn't live far from the Bakago house and comes over for dinner every Friday, now dubbed 'family days' by Masaru. To add to it, Dabi and I have bonded as siblings and he and Fuyumi have accepted me into their family. Natsuo and Rei were later filled in on the situation, though we have yet to tell Shoto or Endeavor of Dabi's true identity. 

As for Katsuki and I?

Well, I don't really know. The two of us seem happy together, but he seems to have been avoiding me lately. I don't know if I did something wrong or if maybe he's suddenly bored of me but it's making me very stressed and anxious. I just want to know what's wrong.

I snap out of my thoughts when Katsuki pulls me away from the main crowd, yelling over his shoulder that we'd be back momentarily. 

He leads me to the training field, where we played our first game of quirk tag. This field holds many memories and I can't help but reminisce in them all.

"(y/n)..." Katsuki begins. I look up at him, holding my bouquet close. Kat takes a deep breath to steady himself before looking me straight in the eyes. 

His ruby orbs pierce into my soul. They seem to hold millions of emotions that could be summed up in a single word, yet I can't quite place them. 

"I've seen you go through the unthinkable and then come out of each trial stronger than ever before. Through each ordeal, you could have broken up with me and no one would've judged you. Yet, you still stayed. You put in the extra effort and dealt with the extra stress of a relationship despite everything you went through. For each time I thought I couldn't love more, you proved me wrong. I've fallen more and more in love with you each day and now, I'm certain you're the girl, no, the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. So..."

Katsuki gets down on one knee and I hold my breath. 

Is this really happening?

He pulls out a small ring box.

"Will you do me the incredible honor of being my wife?"

The box pops open to reveal a gorgeous silver ring. A single large ruby sits on the top, with smaller diamonds littering the sides of the band. Upon closer examination, I notice lettering on the inside. It spells 'My Phoenix,' in beautiful curly letters. 

"I-I, Y-y" I stumble over my words, tears running down my face as my heart beats so fast it might burst out of my chest. 

"YES!"

I scream at the top of my lungs and lunge onto Katsuki who catches me in an embrace. We laugh as he holds me up with a single arm and holds the ring in the opposite hand. 

He carefully takes the ring out of the box and slips it on my finger.

Cheering and clapping echo through the field as former hero students, teachers, Dabi, and the Bakugo parents make themselves known.  

Katsuki and I laugh out of pure joy.

Then we join together for one last passionate kiss before the party. 

This is not the end of our story, far from it. There will always be more challenges, big or small. New accomplishments, trials, and little moments await us in the years to come. 

But right now...

They don't matter. 

All that matters now is Katsuki and me. 

This is our moment.

We made it this far and we will keep fighting our way forward.

We break apart. 

"Katsuki," I say "no matter what happens, no matter what the universe throws at us, I promise that I'll always love you. No matter what we have to deal with, we'll deal with it together. You've never abandoned me and I will never abandon you. No matter what happens I promise you...

I'll stay."