Chapter 35~Why Halifax?

"I'm sorry, I must have misheard you," I say, shaking my head and giggling awkwardly, "where are we?"

Dabi sighs, "like I said we're in Nova Scotia, Canada. That city is Halifax." he explains again.

I freeze, why are we in Halifax of all places? Why not, I don't know, somewhere in Japan? or maybe a different part of America? Seriously, why?

"Are you done spacing out?" Dabi asks, obvious annoyance lacing his voice. I laugh awkwardly, nod, and follow him into the city. 

We walk for while along the waterfront. I can't help but admire the boats that float by and laugh at the yellow tug boat with a face. The two of us both opt on buying a bit of food from a nearby cafe since Dabi has some spare change anyway and we're both starving.

The two of us sit at a small outside table with our food and drinks. I attempt to start a conversation, though it's difficult to start a casual conversation with a villain that just helped you escape his comrades and revealed to kind of be your brother.

Go figure.

...

Are Phoenix and Dabi siblings? Is that why this Dabi and I feel kind of like siblings of some kind?

...

Yes.

Who was that?

Phoenix.

You can talk to me while I'm conscious?

Yep.

Since when?

Forever.

Alright...

...

I wonder what Katsuki is up to.

---With said boy---

(third POV)

"WHERE IS SHE!!?"

The angry ash-blonde screams in rage. Upon arriving at the warehouse where (y/n) was supposedly being held by the League of Villains, only to find that it was a setup and who they thought was (y/n) was Toga using her quirk.

Now Katsuki is in the said warehouse blowing up every single crate he can find while the pro heroes ignore him and try to solve the mystery at hand. 

"Alright, that's enough Katsuki, it's hard to focus with your yelling." Mr. Dark says, an unusually serious look on his face. Katsuki immediately stops making noise and decides to sit in a corner and rage silently.

As the boy rages, the pro heroes return to their previous discussion.

"(y/n) is one of my most promising students both as a student and as a future hero, locating her must be our top priority." Mr. Dark explains.

"As true as that is, she could be anywhere in the world right now. The villain known as Kurogiri could use his quirk to transport them anywhere in the world." Bubblegum reasons. 

"What if we contacted the hero commissions in each country and ask for them to aid in our search?" One pro asks.

"Japan will be likely to assist since she was a student at UA so the teachers would likely help," Eraserhead adds.

The pro heroes continue to discuss their next moves. Suddenly, their conversation is cut short by laughter.

"You guys seem awfully worried for such a powerful girl,"

Elias' voice echoes through the abandoned warehouse, causing all eyes to turn to the mysterious man. The boy sits on the floor, cross-legged, staring at a laptop screen as he types at an inhuman speed.