Chapter 15~Class vs. Class

Ink and I make it to the city pretty quickly. We slow to a walk once we arrive.

The city zone is pretty worn down. The buildings are all dark and tall, made of either wood or brick. They cast shadows over the already dark zone. The entire area is designed to replicate a worn-down city at night. The perfect place for Ink and me to face our opponents.

"Should we split up?" Ink suddenly asks, barely loud enough for me to hear. I shake my head no. "The students here have powerful quirks," I explain, "that boy with the bird head has a quirk that becomes more powerful the less light there is so he'll thrive in a dark area like this."

Ink nods in understanding before looking over his shoulder, searching for any of our opponents. 

"Duck," he says plainly. 

I obey immediately, causing Dark shadow to just barely miss us. I look around before spotting Tokoyami walking out of an alleyway. 

"I don't know how you know my quirk, but it doesn't matter, Dark shadow only has to hit you once," He says. 

I sigh at how obvious their plan is. Tokoyami is just a distraction, Shoji is watching the entire battle using his duplo-arms from a nearby roof. To counter, Ink has to face Shoji while I use my flames to create enough light to combat dark shadow. Now I just need to tell Ink. 

I dodge another attack while trying to make my way to Ink. Unfortunately, Dark shadow is fast so every time I dodge an attack I don't have enough time to rest before he attacks again. 

I'm getting annoyed with this. 

I quickly create a flame, trying to make it as bright as possible. Since my (f/c) flames aren't very bright I change the colour to gold. I use the flame to keep shadow at bay and quickly make my way to Ink.

I explain the plan briefly but Ink gets the idea. He immediately starts climbing a nearby fire escape, leaving me to face Dark shadow and Tokoyami alone. 

I make my flames brighter, causing Dark shadow to complain. Tokoyami backs away slowly as I walk towards him. 

"How do you know so much about my quirk?" he asks. I go to answer him before realizing something. 

I didn't see his mouth move.

Shinso!

I immediately create wings of the golden flames and jump into the air. Just in time as when I look down the ground becomes covered in electricity. 

I grab onto the railing of one of the balconies and look around. 

Shinso and Kaminari were behind me, probably planning to ambush me. Now I'm in trouble. I can face one or two of them but all three will be difficult to handle on my own. Fortunately, Dark shadow will be out of commission for a while due to Kaminari's indiscriminate shock. I'll use that to my advantage.

"You know pretty girl," Kaminari says in a flirtatious tone, "if you surrender now, it'll be so much easier. Then we can go grab a bite after, maybe make it a date."

I think he forgot who my boyfriend is.

I roll my eyes, but I'm starting to feel cold. 

Darn it, I'm overusing my quirk. 

I can feel the heaters in my costume kick in, that should keep the drawbacks at bay for a bit but they won't last forever. I need to finish this quickly so I can get rid of these wings. 

I can't move right now or else Kaminari will be able to electrocute me. 

Shinso is skilled with hand-to-hand combat so I can't get close to him once my drawbacks become more prominent.