──── 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"I guess not knowing someone doesn't mean you don't understand them

doesn't mean you don't
understand them."

        In the morning, we've been instructed to meet in the gym

In the morning, we've been instructed to meet in the gym. I walked past our classmates, some waving and others ignoring us completely. Taka was the first to speak after everyone gathered, "Hmm... Asking us to gather together all of a sudden like this... What could he possibly want?"

"Indeed. What might await us this time?" Celestia agreed.

"Hmhmhm. He keeps things interesting, that's for certain."

His face darkened watching Byakuya, "How is that funny? Can't you smile like a normal person once in a while? Like how the housewife on a classic TV show smiles at the end of an episode?"

"Yeah! There's something totally messed up with you if you can laugh at a time like this!" Hina shook her head, agreeing with the fanfic creator.

"Which of us is actually 'messed up,' hmm?" Byakuya immediately combatted her.

"Wh-What's that supposed to mean...?"

"Nothing in particular. Just admiring, that's all. I don't want to kill anyone. But I also don't want to stay here, living in blind denial day after day. I was just admiring how you could live like that and still keep your sanity."

"I'm not in denial..."

"That reminds me. Remember how you kept talking about how the police or whoever would come help us? How'd that turn out? It seems to me there's no sign whatsoever of possible rescue."

"Th-That's just..." She bit her lips. "...I wonder what actually happened."

"It's strange, that's true. There's no way the police wouldn't know about it. We're right in the middle of a major urban area." Kiyoko raised a hand to her chin.

"The police suck!" Hifumi shouted.

"On the contrary, the mastermind may be just that powerful, to take control even of the police..." Celestia hummed.