:: Chapter 37 :: War Brewing

They stood staring at each other, one holding the silver potion in hand like the other. "He said that?" Tom asked as he shook it and watched it swirl like it had glitter in it and he wondered again what was in it to look so pretty.

"Yes, My Lord." Snape drawled out. "Said we-both of us will understand later after we took it." He explained for the fifth time under the hour they had been in the office.

Red eyes looked up. "Take yours first."

Severus brought up his own little vial and wondered what he was doing as he unpopped the cork and found himself trusting of Percy-he always had, he just had to fake they weren't. Nothing happened at first besides finding that the potion actually tasted familiar-like earl grey tea and a warmth on his skin, like that of a fireplace. He frowned but he let it run its course as warmth spread and fired up in intensity the longer it went.

When there was no immediate signs of death upon Snape-Tom took his. And like the man in front of him sweating buckets by now. He found himself tasting hot coco-or was it Earl grey as well? The warmth of a fire-and the feeling of something in his hands he looked down at them as they tingled-and the flash of a gurgling child went through his mind. He gulped as the fire in hime burned brighter and hotter, and he was now sweating himself.

Then for both-hit at the same time-even if taken at different intervals of time-found themselves remembering the night that Harry was taken from them-to everything going way way back till Tom was in the orphanage-a child who was vindictive against bullies and abusive mad adults. Severus to a time before he was in school. Not ever in love with Lily but she was his best and only friend-they looked up at each other and their chests ached deeply.

As they stared into each other's eyes as if it was the first time all over again-like the day they found each other. A glamour shimmered and fell from Severus and he found himself feeling lighter then ever.

Tom stood abruptly and stalked towards Severus who stepped back with fear from the memories he was given along side his his own-it was confusing to say the most-but he gasped as Tom knelt in the ground and started to apologize over and over. For the crucios-for the less then equal parts and All Severus could do was try to get him to stop after 10 minutes to long.

Then he was kneeling to and confessing to everything he had done, he was apologizing and all the while holding a sobbing mans face in his hands. Neither were good with emotions and neither were good at comforting anyone but themselves.

That's how it went, when they'd remembered all they had done, all that had happened and all that they lost.

_____

Snape laughs as Tom tickled their child by the fire. His smile was the most gentle thing he had ever produced, and the reason was there before him. His mate, and his child happily together. He was tired but he wouldn't change a thing.

He looked down at the scar across his abdomen. From hip to hip, his hands splayed across it, it was pink and still fresh. Magic having helped heal him but it still felt like his insides would fall out. He was laying on the sofa for this reason. Tom taking care of their little one.

He would never be able to do it again. The potion was a one time deal. One that took nearly 5 years to make. He remembered the day he came to Tom with the idea, to have kid of their own-as their bearer mate-if they even had one-would not be around for awhile to come they supposed as they had yet to feel any pull like when they found each other.

His face scrunched up when he remembered having liked Lily some in his later years before inheriting his creature. His hand not rubbing his scar came to his pointed ears. An elf, he of all people was an elf. A mystical being of pure lines.