22

You ended up going to study with Deku instead of meeting up with Yaoyorozu and the others. Neither of you felt like you could keep your composure in front of the others. The news you received, and the news left unsaid, were too heavy.

Your uncle still wasn't back. He typically never answered his phone, or received any messages, so you never bothered trying to contact him. But you were running out of money... He luckily sent you a text that evening while you were at Deku's place, saying that he sent some money into your account. He had never done that before. He mentioned he would be gone for quite a while longer, that things at work were hectic, and wished you luck on your exams.

All in all, you did well on your written exam. You didn't know everything, far from it, but you felt that you knew enough. And with everything that was going on in your life, you would be satisfied with just barely passing.

After the three tough days of written exams, it was finally time for the practical exam. You were really looking forward to that one. You needed to move and fight to relieve the tension that had gathered in your mind. Hanging out with gloomy Deku didn't help ease your worries. You were itching to corner All Might again and make him spill, but you had a feeling that wasn't such a good idea, so you respected him and his choices.

A bunch of teachers were gathered before you on the site of the practical exam. All Might was there as well, grinning as usual.

Aizawa was the one who spoke. "We will begin the practical exam now. I expect that all of you had gathered some information and know what we'll be doing."

"Robots, like in the entrance exam, right?" Denki said.

Suddenly, principal Nezu popped out of Aizawa's bandage like weapon. "For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!"

Nobody was pleased, but Nezu continued. "We want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work, and stress teaching closer to actual fighting. So... We'll have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!"

Was this because of All for One? You and Deku shared a look, and nodded at each other. This was a perfect chance to test your teamwork. Fighting against a teacher would be a good indicator on how a fight against All for One might go in the future - you could see what you needed to work on.

"Additionally, the pairs and their opponent have already been decided," Aizawa added. "These were determined based on fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships."

Todoroki and Yaoyorozu were against Aizawa. "L/N and Midoriya are going against All Might."

You two froze, looking up at All Might's grinning face. So, it really would be like the fight against All for One... You were excited and terrified at the same time. Your chances of winning were very slim. Perhaps if you fought against another teacher, you'd have a grater chance...

But no. You had great synergy. You could do this. This was a test, and not just a regular school test. Based on how you performed, All Might would definitely judge your ability for future battles.

Yours and Deku's match would be last. You were already sweating, thinking up strategies in your mind.

Of course, your primary goal would be to place Deku so that he could deliver a powered up punch to All Might. But was that even possible, against such an opponent?

The time limit was 30 minutes. You had a feeling you and Deku wouldn't last two seconds... But then again, you had a quirk that could allow you to escape. However, you didn't want to run. One look at Deku told you he was thinking the same thing. You had to fight him, at least for a bit.