5

//Hey! Thank you so much for reading! I won't disappoint you 😁😉

Class 1A was standing among all the other first-years in the giant stadium. Present Mic and Aizawa were the announcers, while Midnight was the battle coordinator. 

Deku had his fists clenched and looked like he was about to pass out at any moment. His hero costume was still ridiculous. 

You had made a few changes to yours - your pebbles were bigger and there was more of them, and you had a wooden slingshot on our utility belt. You had practiced your aim and swapping quickly every single day. You still weren't perfect, but you had made a lot of progress during those two weeks. You managed to develop a fairly solid technique - you'd start by throwing a fistful of pebbles at your opponent. You'd swap with the optimal one and deliver a kick. But your timing would have to be beyond perfect - you would have to gain momentum and already start the kicking motion before swapping in order for it to have full effect. You managed to bruise your whole body until you finally got it right. You also focused on working out more. You were practically never home, which was fine with both you and your uncle. He did care for you a  lot, but he also worked a lot, and was never home anyways. You got to see him perhaps once a week. 

"I'm so nervous!" Uraraka whispered from your left. You grinned at her.

"Don't worry! You'll do great, Ochaco! I'll help you if I can!" you said reassuringly, and she smiled gently.

"Thanks, Y/N... how are you so calm?" she asked. You grinned at her, remembering how you had a breakdown the day before and contemplated not showing up, and had to read All Might fanfiction to calm down. And Kachan came to your house to drag you out of bed in the morning and yell at you for motivation.

"Oh, I'm just focused on my goal! I will achieve it no matter what!" you said, and Bakugo, who heard you, snickered. You shot him a warning glance, and he just rolled his eyes.

"Ah! You're right, Y/N! That's a good way of thinking! I'm sure we'll both do great!"

Later on, Bakugo was called on as player representative, and he completely embarrassed both himself and your whole class by saying he will place first, causing the audience to boo him. The whole class turned on him, but you didn't have the heart to join them, you just gave him a friendly pat on the back. 

"I will face you in the finals, Kachan, and we'll see," you said. He sent you a murderous glare.

"You don't stand a chance, fucking swap kid."

Midnight revealed the first event to be the obstacle course. You grinned, and you could see that your classmates were giving you wary glares. 

But they didn't know that you couldn't swap with living beings that much. You had to pass the first challenge without using it - or you would be the done for by the time for the final battles. 

At the beginning, Todoroki froze everyone. Well, everyone except you - you were already quite far in front of him with the help of your slingshot. You mentally thanked All Might. What a legend.

Things got icky by the end - you, Bakugo, Todoroki and Deku were nearly killing each other while trying to reach the exit. Once you were close enough, you dodged Bakugo's attack and shot a pebble through the exit. You swapped with it, expecting victory - but you were second. Midoriya managed to go in right before you swapped, beating you by less than a millisecond. 

Everyone but you was extremely bitter.

"Good job, Deku! And you two, you were quite tough opponents!" you said cheerfully. Deku smiled at you while the other two left.