26

//I'm using this opportunity to shamelessly promote an All Might playlist I made! 

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOs3XrM-_Bw )

Always number 2: suicide kid, be rdy at 8, come to the park. u got beer or snacks?

you: yeah i have 2 beers and chips, that enough? i can drop by the store, u fucking hedgehog

Always number 2: no its fine, kirishima has more food. well hang out by the beach. denki, sero, and mina are coming 2.

It was only six, so you had two hours to kill. You were laying in your bed, doing your best to ignore how messy it was.

Your heart felt empty. You were glad for your friends, but it hurt to have no family to come home to. When your uncle was around, you felt like you needed nobody else. He wasn't perfect, but he raised you well, he never yelled, he showed you love and understanding when you needed it most, even though you weren't actually related.

But he was... distant. Always more of an uncle than a father. You knew next to nothing about him, and he was often gone for days on end during your childhood. You typically spent those with Deku, but the older you got, the more you had the feeling that you were imposing, so you tried not to burden the Midoriya family with your presence. His mother was a single parent, she had enough on her plate already. And as nice and welcoming as she was, she just couldn't be your mother.

You found yourself wandering about your parents again. All Might had asked you about their quirks. You really didn't know. But what if they were proc heroes who died in battle? Maybe you had a very similar quirk to one of them... But then some of their friends would've known about your existence and told you something, anything. So it was safer to assume that your mother probably had you without your dad present and then abandoned you, or something terrible happened to her. Either way, you had no way of knowing.

The other thing that was bothering you to no end was the secrets All Might was keeping. Did he know something about your parents? But no, that would make no sense. Why would he know something? And if he did, he wouldn't keep it from you, would he?

You had a massive urge to just text him and outright ask him if he knew something. But even if he knew, he'd say he didn't. If you wanted to force answers out of him, you'd have to corner him in person and pester him until he gave in.

You didn't care much about how you would look tonight, so you picked out dark sweatpants and a dark hoodie. You also got a dark backpack ready to pack the beer and snacks. The best was to cure a hangover was to get drunk again, after all.

In the end, since you were feeling so incredibly bored and not even watching All Might videos could get your interest, you decided to do some light cleaning. You walked over to the piles of clothes on your desk, and froze.

Your bucket list... it was right there, on the table. Did... did All Might see it? Was he in your room? He was, he definitely was, since he brought you water... But did he see the list? No, no. He couldn't have. He would've said something, right? He would've found it extremely weird... Wait... was that why he was in such a hurry to leave in the morning? Oh shit. Did you manage to fuck it all up with a stupid bucket list from when you were younger?

You resisted the urge to crumple it up and tear it to shreds, and instead put it in your drawer and tried to clear your thoughts. He made you pancakes. Would he have made you pancakes if he thought you were a weird creep? Probably not. But still, you couldn't help the feeling of guilt gnawing at your heart, and the words of your friends trickled back into your mind. Were you really just a Mineta in disguise?