Chapter 2

"My lady!" The lady said, concerned. "Are you alright? Should I call the doctor? I told you not to take the poison just to get the crown prince to come to your aid," she added. Xiaomei's body was totally weak, and couldn't get up. She was on the dirty floor as the young lady tried to help her up. Xiaomei was confused about what was going on and where she was. The last thing she remembers was applying a bandaid, and the next thing she knows she is here. Has she transmitted?

A few minutes later, she was on the dirty smelly bed with a tall man beside her, checking her pulse. "Huang Daiyu, this is the last time I will come. If you do this one more time, I'm going to let you die. You are wasting my time." said the doctor. "I'm sick and tired of you doing this act, trying to get the crown prince's attention..." he muttered to himself. "You are lucky. This one could have killed you," he added again before getting up. "I gave you the antidote, so you will recover soon, but as I said, this is the last time I'm saving you," he said sternly and left. He was out of the door and said one last thing, "I hope this changes you, Huang Daiyu, so you can realize your mistakes...."
"Huang Daiyu..." she said to herself, and heard this name before, but where? Xiaomei continues to say that name over and over in her head until she remembers it! Huang Daiyu was the villain of her all-time favorite book...

As she was recovering from the poison she supposedly took, Xiaomei has found out and had to accept that she has been transmitted to a book, and she is the villain or "the cannon fodder" of the story.
The book is called the tangled thread. The main girl was named Zhou Baozhai, as her family and people were killed off. She was able to escape and be the only one in her family to survive. Baozhai wanted to find the person who did this to her family and people.  And it led her to the main lead, Liu LiJie's region. Soon enough, they met by accident and had a rough start with each other. However, they continue to cross paths, and their lives continue to tangle with each other, and so on....
Xiaomei looks up at the dark ceiling in the dark night.

And for her (the evil rival against Baozhai), she was the consort of LiJie as it was a forced and arranged marriage. Her name was Huang Daiyu. Her father was the emperor's childhood buddy and trustworthy royal general, who risked his life for the emperor, but was framed for treason.
So her entire family was killed. Lucky enough, she survived by her brothers throwing themselves to shield her. However, in the end, the emperor discovers that his long trusty friend did not betray him, and to make him feel better, he arranges a marriage for her and the crown prince, as he knew Daiyu was obsessed and loved the crown prince from a young age. And surely enough Daiyu was super pleased and accepted the repayment of killing her entire family, which Xiaomei thought it was not enough and how it was still unjustified for the family.
Even being married to LiJie, he never shows any love or attention to her. He considers her to be an annoyance. Soon enough, when he met Baozhai, Daiyu became jealous and furious and plotted evil schemes to get rid of Baozhai, thinking once Baozhai was out of the way, LiJie will love her. Once LiJie found that Daiyu was committing crimes he sent her to the cold palace. At first, she would drink poison, hoping the crown prince would come and change his heart; however, he never came.
She once did find men to kill Baozhai while in the cold palace, and was severely punished and became weak and no longer fought. However, she was soon framed and beheaded.
Xiaomei was sitting up in the small dirty bed as her maid was sleeping on the floor. Xiaomei knew she had three months until now she would be framed and beheaded. She knows she shouldn't change the story as it will cause the story to change, but she is worried that if she dies in the story, she will die in real life. She remembered a saying, "if you die in your sleep, you die in real life....."