Chapter 76

Xiaomei was still shocked that there was a second volume. She didn't understand how she didn't know there was a second volume. She then looked it up and was surprised to find it was published right after the first book.

"How come I didn't see this?" she thought.

Once she entered her apartment, she immediately opened the book and started reading. "It begins with a little girl in a yellow hanfu with her hair tied up, running around in her courtyard while two boys in light and dark blue robes chase after her.

"MeiMei, wait up!" the two boys shouted as they couldn't keep up with her since she had a head start. "Daiyu, slow down before you fall," the oldest one of the boys said, finally reaching up to her speed."

At that moment, Xiaomei stopped reading. She went back to reread the little girl's name again. "Daiyu," she read with her finger touching the name. She quickly searched and read the summary of the book. It's the story from Huang Daiyu's point of view. She felt as if her body froze for a minute before she started ramping through the pages. To her surprise, everything was slightly similar to what happened to her so-called dream. Her hand trembled while holding the book before thinking, "This is impossible." She then started skimming through the book.

Her eyes were startled; she couldn't believe it. She felt like it was so unreal. Huang Daiyu never died to begin with, as it was the same as the dream. It was the maid who framed Huang Daiyu.

Xiaomei soon realized that someone's perspective doesn't always tell the whole story. Since the first volume revolves around Baozhai and those closest to her, her perspective only shares her experiences and what she deems important.

So when Baozhai regained consciousness from being poisoned, she only heard bits and pieces of Huang Daiyu and, then beheaded. Therefore, she assumed that Huang Daiyu was beheaded at first. However, as the story progresses, Baozhai's perspective only focuses on events revolving around her, gradually disregarding Huang Daiyu's presence, as she is a meek character in Baozhai's side of the story.

____

The more Xiaomei read the second volume, the more everything became clearer. For instance, Huang Daiyu never sent an assassin to kill Baozhai as they all assumed it was Huang Daiyu who sent an assassin; however, the culprit was ZhangWei, who was trying to meet with Baozhai.

Soon Xiaomei found how Huang Daiyu actually died. Since Huang Daiyu had taken so many poisons to get LiJie's attention, the poisons started to manifest with each other inside her body, causing it to be incurable as she did die from poison.

Even though Xiaomei's mind was becoming chaotic with all this information, she didn't care. She also couldn't care less about gathering her thoughts together. She needed to know what happened to ZhangWei. She needed to know how his story ended. She hurriedly skipped to the end of the book, hoping to find any details on ZhangWei.