Chapter 36

Once she finished packing, she noticed it was snowing. She didn't have any winter clothes. She started to think about what she should do before a maid entered the room. She was carrying a tray with a bowl of medicine on it.

"Miss Daiyu, you are awake. Young Master Wang had informed me to send in the medicine first. Let me tell them that you are awake," the maid said, ready to inform them.

"Oh, that won't be necessary. Leave the medicine here, and I will go tell them, but first, grab me some winter clothes, as I don't have any," Xiaomei said. The maid nodded her head and set the bowl down before leaving to get winter clothes for Xiaomei.

It didn't take long for her to bring winter clothes. Xiaomei told her to leave and that she would inform them.

Once the door closed, she changed into winter clothes and picked up her bag. She wrapped the bag around her shoulder. She then drank the medicine in hope that it would help ease the pain. She exited the room. She wanted to hurry and leave, but her body was still recovering, so she would stumble and wobble here and there.

It took a while for her to leave the residence and reach the gate to leave the sect. However, she still had some problems. She didn't know how to get back to the capital or what was going to take her back to the capital.

_________

ZhangWei finished talking with Baozhai and them. It took longer than he expected. When he entered the room, he found her gone. He only saw an empty bowl on the table. He saw her stuff was missing as well. He immediately whistled before two shadow men appeared. "Daiyu is missing. Find her," he ordered. The two men disappeared. He immediately left the room to find her as that lingering fear of never seeing her was appearing again.

He then spotted the maid he told to bring the medicine to Xiaomei. He stopped her and asked where Xiaomei was.

The maid simply answered back that Xiaomei was going to inform them that she was awake.

"If she was going to inform us, then why is her stuff gone," ZhangWei said deadly. The maid immediately trembled in fear and said she didn't know. Before ZhangWei could say another word, a shadow guard appeared.

"Young Master Wang, we have spotted Miss Daiyu by the gate. It looks like she is trying to leave," the shadow guard reported.

ZhangWei immediately left. When he was leaving, he stopped to ask why the guards at the entrance of Zhou Haitao's residence didn't stop her. They immediately asked for forgiveness and explained that Miss Daiyu had told them that she already informed everyone she was leaving.

"The feisty cat knows how to be a cunning fox," he smiled in a deadly and amused way before going after her.

_________

On the other hand, Xiaomei had found a person who was willing to let her buy their horse and carriage. That person was nice enough to show her how the rein works and how she could get to the closest town, where she can then ask someone to take her to the capital since everyone here was never planning to leave the sect.

Her body was exhausted and feeling more in pain, but she had to leave. She endured the pain and got on the carriage. She wiped the rein up and down to signal the horse to go.

The horse and carriage moved towards the gate. She exhaled in a sigh of relief and exhaustion. However, it didn't last long before these men in black clothes blocked her way, and before she knew it, someone jumped on the carriage and landed right next to her.

"Where are you going? Your body hasn't fully recovered yet?" ZhangWei said, grabbing her hands and making the horse stop.

"Y-you," Xiaomei was surprised to see him. She then struggled to break free from his grasp. "L-let go. I'm heading back," she said firmly.

His eyebrows frown, "Your body hasn't fully healed yet," he said again, refusing to let go.

"Why does it matter to you? It doesn't concern you," she said, trying to break free.

"Yes, it does," he said, continuing to struggle with her.

She gritted in pain, "No, it doesn't. So, l-let go-" she said out of energy before she slowly stopped struggling and fainted from exhaustion and pain.

He caught her in his arms, "This is why I am worried about you," he whispered softly.