Chapter 77

Once she reached close to the end of the book, her heart felt relieved. She found it. She felt thankful that the story continued even without her in it. She wanted to know what happened to everyone after she passed away. Even though she was relieved, she still felt uneasy about what to expect.

As she read, "The battle was over, and Crown Prince Liu LiJie was now throne as the new Emperor. However, before that came, the burial ceremony of the late Emperor was soon held, and the mourning period went on for a while before Huang Daiyu's burial ceremony could happen.

Once that was all over, Liu LiJie's official celebration of being the new Emperor arrived, and soon after, the marriage between Liu LiJie and Zhou Baozhai came. Then came Chen Bojing and Han Chuhua's wedding. Wang ZhangWei couldn't care less about anything that occurred. The only reason he stuck this long was for Huang Daiyu's burial. Once that was over, he departed.

Since everything was resolved, the little sect was no longer living in fear and was free to go wherever they wanted. However, they all chose to stay in the little sect but open their gates for anyone to come in and out.

Everything was turning for the good, and the new beginning was going smoothly except for Wang ZhangWei. At first, he wanted to roam around and face the lonely world on his own since the one he loved was no longer by his side.

He immediately appointed the new leader of the sect to Junfeng before leaving everything behind. Of course, Junfeng refused, but then he agreed that he was willing to be the temporary leader for him to roam around before returning.

It only took two years before he was forced to return as bandits were constantly tormenting the sect, which Junfend could handle one at a time, but soon enough, different groups of bandits were joining forces to overtake the sect. Once he returned, the title of the leader returned to him. Soon, his new focus in life was taking care of the sect and doing his duty as a leader to occupy his mind.

______

Three years passed by, and ZhangWei came to the capital city for business. Before he could return, Emperor LiJie and Empress Baozhai urged him to visit the palace once before he departed, once they heard of his arrival in the capital.

"So, how is everything going? We haven't heard from you for so long," LiJie said, pouring tea for them.

"It's the same old," ZhangWei answered, picking up his teacup.

"The bandits are no longer creating a ruckus?" Bojing asked.

"I already handled them all the year I came back," ZhangWei said indifferently. He then started swirling the tea in his cup. During the years, the three of them seem to have become friends. "How about you two?," ZhangWei looked at both of them. "How's your duties as the Emperor?" ZhangWei said to LiJie, "Or what about you? I heard you are now the great general?" he said to Bojing.

Both of them were slightly startled by his abrupt questions. They both smiled and said it was going well. They usually avoid this topic, but LiJie opened his mouth.

"Are you going to stay a bachelor for the rest of your life?" LiJie asked. Bojing looked at LiJie before cautiously looking at ZhangWei.

However, ZhangWei remained silent as they all knew the answer.

"You know she wouldn't be happy if she knew you were living like this. She would probably say something snarky to you," Bojing said, trying to lighten the mood, but then he started to smile, and soon smiles appeared on all of their faces as they started to reminisce. However, ZhangWei's smile slowly faded away.