Chapter 13

"Okay, I finished applying medicine to the wound. It's deep but not too deep. I had to stitch the wound up. Sorry, Miss, but you will have a scar...,'' the old doctor said. She nodded weakly without complaining. "Here is some medicine to help you recuperate your strength," he added, and LiMei accepted the medicine.

"Thank you.,'' she said, tired.

Morning arose, and after eating rice porridge, LiMei was preparing to clean the entire house. Xiaomei got up and said, "Let me help you."

"Oh no, Miss, that's not necessary. You need rest," LiMei said, trying to help Xiaomei back to bed. "LiMei, I'm fine. Don't worry, I'll use my other arm," Xiaomei continued to persuade and got up again.

"But Miss...," she said reluctantly.

"Don't worry, it will be better to have an additional hand to help and make the process faster," Xiaomei said, and so LiMei reluctantly agreed and headed to get a bucket of water. However, up in the trees, a lean and tall man was leaning against the tree. He said, "Oh, look at that she hasn't died yet," and looked down at the small house.

Outside of the cold palace, every guard and maid has been whispering about the matter of last night and how they started to pity Xiaomei and LiMei as the commotion has finally reached LiJie and Baozhai as they have their own problem to solve. Once they heard a whisper from two maids walking out of their courtyard. Baozhai went silent and left while LiJie chased after her. "Don't mind them," he said, but she didn't say anything back. Until they both spotted Chen BoJing and Han ChuHua heading somewhere as Baozhai was about to head towards them, but LiJie grab her wrist to stop her.

A while ago, BoJing had returned from the market from buying a bag of rice, ChuHua had spotted him as she ran to him. "What are you doing?" she asks happily as she has this long crush on him. However, he didn't feel the same and answered, "Why does it matter to you? It's my business.," and he carried on. She chased after him and continued trying to talk to him, but his mind was busy with his feelings, and didn't reply to her. They finally reach the cold palace and ChuHua said, "What are we doing here?"

"You can go if you want," he said, busy while entering the court.

LiMei stood firm on cleaning inside the house as it was dirtier and more work than outside, so she closed the door, not allowing her to enter the house until she finished. Xiaomei was about to start cleaning when she heard some voices coming in. She turns to see BoJing and a bright spunky girl with him, and slowly walks towards them. "Why are you bringing rice to people like her?" ChuHua said, looking at her disgusted.

Xiaomei smiled and said, "Oh General BoJing, you haven't told her... such a shame," she was toying with him. He remained silent, but his face stiffened as he was about to give her the bag of rice. However, ChuHua intercepted and said, "Let me do it. She might try to seduce you,'' and both Xiaomei and BoJing look at her with a cold look.

She didn't seem to notice and processed, "here.'' Xiaomei reached out to grab the bag of rice, but then ChuHua let go of it as it dropped to the dirt and spilled everywhere. "Oh sorry, my hand slipped," she said, cunning.

"Oh really," Xiaomei smiled.

"Just pick up the rice like a filthy person you are," she remarked.

Xiaomei smile turns into a smirk before saying, "I am a filthy person, but at least I don't have a filthy heart like someone.''

ChuHua felt like a slap went across her face as she stuttered, "You-"

However, Xiaomei was not finished and said, "But thank you for giving free food for birds and other animals who would love to eat this rice. You do have an UNEXPLAINABLE heart." she emphasized her words and continued, "well, I think it's best for you two to leave this place. It is unfit for people like you. People might think you are filthy as well.'' ChuHua wanted to say something, but BoJing said seriously, "ChuHua." before walking away. She pouted before following him. However, before leaving the cold palace, BoJing looked at Xiaomei with something in his eyes.