Chapter 80 (End)

"Man, that meeting was long," Jianyu said as the meeting was long over, and both Jianyu and Xiaomei were riding on the elevator. She just nodded her head as she was too busy thinking of the new CEO.

"Does he know her? Does he remember her?" She had all sorts of questions but no answers. She didn't know how she could get those answers. She couldn't possibly go up to him and start spouting nonsense. What if he thinks she is a nut job and avoids her?

Jianyu then looked at her in the crowded elevator.

"Hey Xiaomei, do you happen to know the new CEO because it seems like he knows you," Jianyu said, tilting his head to her. She stopped her thoughts for a minute before she softly smiled and looked at him.

"Maybe, in a past life," she said with a bright smile. Jianyu immediately poked her head. "Past life again? What is with you today? You're saying weird stuff today," Jiayu said, looking at her confused.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. I'm just messing around," Xiaomei softly chuckled.

"Sure," Jianyu rolled his eyes but continued, "So do you know him? You didn't stop staring at him the whole time we had the meeting."

"Of course, I don't know him," she lied. "But who knows, maybe I do....," she softly said to herself, but someone happened to hear what she said as he and his assistant were listening to the whole conversation between Xiaomei and Jianyu. They were a couple of feet behind them as there were a couple of people in front of them, so Xiaomei and Jianyu didn't see them.

Once he heard her words, his ears perked up. He felt his body tremble as he was overwhelmed.

"Was it possible? Is it possible?" he thought.

The elevator's door opened as Xiaomei and Jianyu exited first before the rest followed.

It was at that moment a voice called, "Stubborn cat?"

Xiaomei immediately turned to see him coming out of the elevator a couple of feet behind her.

She broke into a smile and answered back, "Cunning fox." They both stare deep into each other eyes as their hearts finally feel complete. 

~The End~

——————
Author's note:
Thank you to everyone who read this story! I am truly happy and grateful that you all stayed and finished this story. I do apologize for the very short and open-ended ending but hopefully you all like it, though.
I do inform you all that I am planning to write an extra so please look forward to reading it. I am planning to upload it tomorrow! Hopefully, it meets some of your expectations.
Thank you again!
See you guys in the extra.