Chapter 52

"Huang Daiyu, what is it that you need to talk to me about? Can you make it quick? I-I need to go find Chuhua," Bojing said in a hurry as his gaze was not on her but in the direction where Chuhua ran off.

"General Bojing, settle down. Zhou Baozhai is talking to her now. So it will be alright," Xiaomei said.

"B-but," Bojing tried to say.

"General Bojing, let me ask you why do you care so much about Han Chuhua?" Xiaomei asked. Bojing instantly stopped fussing and went quiet. "I-I," He couldn't answer because he didn't know either. Xiaomei tilted her head, waiting for his answer. "S-she is someone important to me," he finally answered.

"Someone important, like having special feelings," Xiaomei said, trying to help him understand his feelings since it didn't seem like he was going to figure it out on his own.

"N-n... Well, I knew her when I was young, and she has been with me for so long," Bojing said, avoiding the question. Xiaomei crossed her arms and said, "General Bojing, have you truly never noticed how Han Chuhua feels for you, or are you plainly ignoring it?"

"I-I," he didn't know how to answer since he obviously knew.

"Let me see if I can help you figure it out. You say that you and Han Chuhua have known each other for so long and are like childhood friends. How would you feel if Han Chuhua finally found the right man and left your side and will never return to your side?" Xiaomei could see Bojing's expression instantly changed.

"No. S-she wouldn't leave me," he said instantly as he was very sure of himself.

"How sure are you? Didn't she leave you a while ago? She didn't even look back," Xiaomei pointed out. Immediately, a shot of pain pierced his heart and his face darkened as he started to be unsure of himself.

"Just imagine her smiling and holding hands with another man she is in love with while you are in the back watching her. You probably felt that feeling before," Xiaomei said, creating an illusion for him. He felt his heart tightening and started to feel like he couldn't breathe. The tightness was feeling so suffocating and painful. He never felt this suffocating pain. It was like the person, who was always there with him, was ripped out of his heart.

Xiaomei saw his eyebrow furrowing together and his eyes emitting enormous pain in them. "There. Do you understand your feelings," Xiaomei said.

Bojing looked at her with great despair as if he had already lost his love. "It was just an imagination. Don't be disheartened," she said with a smile. She saw the tension on his forehead and wanted to poke his forehead until an image of ZhangWei's face appeared in her head. She remembered how he would always poke her forehead.

"Ah..., i-it's nothing more than an imagination," she said quickly, trying to get back in focus and quickly pushed the thought of ZhangWei aside. "You still have a chance, but you should hurry before it's too late. You and Chuhua should have an honest conversation and get everything straight." Xiaomei said. "You better hurry before she really moves on, and your relationship is too damaged to start," Xiaomei said before Bojing immediately hurried off.

Xiaomei sighed, "Hopefully, Han Chuhua make him work for it after all the pain she had felt because of him, but knowing her personality, she will give in."

_______

Xiaomei headed back to the room. She was extremely tired from this long day. She hoped that everything would work out between Chuhua and Bojing. She entered her room and noticed someone on her bed.

"Mister Wei, what brings you here," she said.

He ignored her question and said, "Why is it that you are always fine talking to them but never want to talk to me?" He felt jealous of how she would casually talk to LiJie and Bojing, but when it came to him, she always tried to make him leave. He felt bitter.

Xiaomei raised an eyebrow before saying, "What nonsense are you talking about? You always show up without even caring what I have to say. Also, what's there to talk about? We see each other every day as if you are my companion." Her words flowed out of her without her realizing what she just said. His eyes widened from hearing what she said. He instantly felt content and smiled in delight. "A companion?" he teased. Her face froze as she realized what she just said.

She cleared her throat and said, "Yes, like a dog," as she couldn't go back on her words. He smiled before saying, "A dog? I thought you said I was like a fox. Annoying cunning fox?"

"Dog. Fox. It's the same thing. Both of them are animals. Like a pet," Xiaomei said, shrugging her shoulders and sprouting any nonsense that came to her to help her escape the web she had created for herself.

"A pet?" ZhangWei said with a smile. For some reason, his smile gave her a funny feeling. She knew he was up to something, but she didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. "It's funny. You think of me as a pet, but I think of you as a lover," he said, latching onto her wrist and pulling her into bed. By the time she could comprehend, she was already in his arms.