Chapter 34

At that moment, Zhou Haitao was struck down by a foot that appeared out of the blue and kicked him away from her. ZhangWei landed. Zhou Haitao saw him along with LiJie, Bojing, Junfeng, and some guards, as some of them had torches in their hands. He knew he wouldn't beat them, so he quickly escaped.

"After him," ZhangWei said, extremely deadly. Junfeng and the guards hurried after him. "You. Get the physician immediately. If you don't hurry and she dies. I will kill you for her death," ZhangWei stopped a guard from going with the rest. The guard left to get the physician as his life was on the line. All three of their hearts ache in pain seeing how Xiaomei was as she had already blacked out. Both LiJie and Bojing immediately felt guilty. ZhangWei placed his two fingers on her wrist and could barely feel her pulse. He carried her back to her room, where they could clearly see all the injuries. There was a large red handprint strangling her neck. Her hand was covered in blood. Her clothes were stained with blood.

The physician hurriedly arrived with his assistant. He was shocked by what he saw. "What happened to her? Didn't I-" He stopped himself, remembering her words not to tell anyone about her wound.

"You did what," all three of the men said suspiciously.

"Ah, nothing," the physician said and was about to check her condition. However, they all stop him, thinking he will cause her harm. "Please move. I need to treat her, or she will die," he said.

"You better tell us, or we will kill you and get another physician," they threatened.

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell. I made a promise to this Miss," he said.

" Well, she is not conscious, so she doesn't have to know or else," ZhangWei threatened. The physician felt the chills and immediately told them while he had his assistant clean the wound on her hand.

"Well, after treating Miss Baozhai. Miss Daiyu grabbed a hold of me and showed me her injury. She was injured on the right side of her stomach," he pointed, "Which looks like it reopened," he said, looking at the blood stain on her clothes. "It was pretty deep," he said. He looked at them and said, "That's all." He started to treat her.

The three guys were standing outside, waiting. The physician and the assistant came out. "She is in a serious and bad condition. Her pulse is barely there. She used all her strength," the physician paused for a minute.

"What's the matter," Bojing said, concerned since they noticed he was hesitant to speak more,

"I don't know how to say this, but did you all know that she has poison in her body?" the physician said quietly.

"Poison?" They all were shocked to the core.

"Yes, I didn't notice it before when I was tending to her abdominal wound. However, it is a deadly poison but easy to cure...," The physician couldn't say anything anymore, fearing his life would be in danger.

"Why aren't you continuing?" LiJie said seriously.

"W-well, I-I gave her the antidote, but... it didn't seem to affect her." the physician said, feeling cold sweat going down his back and seeing how they all were looking at him deadly.

"What do you mean? Are you sure you gave the right antidote?" ZhangWei said deadly.

"Yes. I did," the physician trembled in fear and continued, " It seemed like she had this poison in her system for a while now, and it has already spread throughout her body." Before any of them could speak, the physician continued, "However, it looks like the poison in her system is frozen within her for some reason. So it's not moving or causing her any harm to her now. However, I don't know how long that will last. When it unfreezes again, she will most likely be dead... I-I will try my best to find a cure for her." he said, trying to make sure they don't kill him for being useless.

He continued again so they wouldn't kill him on the spot, "Not only her hand and neck were injured. Her back has a massive bruise across her entire back. Her arms are covered in red hand prints and bruises, and the wound on the side of her stomach has opened bigger. Now, it's up to her body to recover. I have already given her medicine before, so it's in the room. Please give it to her so it can help her retain her strength. It's best for her to rest now," the physician said, trying to leave before they could threaten him. However, it didn't work. "Let me be clear. You better find a cure for her," ZhangWei said. The physician quickly and quietly nodded his head before leaving.

They re-entered the room to see her pale face. She lay there motionless. Looking at her wounds, they could feel her pain, but LiJie and Bojing felt a massive guilt in their gut.

They could barely see her breathing. Chuhua entered and saw how badly Xiaomei was. Chuhua felt horrible and asked, "How is she?"

"Not good," Bojing answered. Chuhua could see the red marks on Xiaomei's neck when she entered the door.

"Crown prince, I came to tell you that Baozhai was asking for you," Chuhua tried to say while still looking at Xiaomei.

"Ah," LiJie said, remembering Baozhai.

"We should tell Baozhai since she was trying to come here too, but I stopped her," Chuhua said while she and LiJie were leaving. "Bojing, you coming?" Chuhua said. Bojing wanted to stay, but Chuhua dragged him away.