Chapter 53

"L-Lover? W-what nonsense-" Her eyes became anxious as she tried to speak, but he pinched her chin and pulled her lips to his. She instantly felt his soft warm lips. Her eyes widened as he deepened their kiss.

She felt like she was in this sort of semi-conscious state as her brain was trying to understand what was happening and what she was feeling at the same time while his mind was too busy expressing his feelings for her as he continued his action. He soon licked open her mouth with his tongue trying to invade her mouth. Before he could stick his tongue into her mouth, she finally awakened and remembered.

She immediately pushed herself away from him. Her face flushed red, and her red lips were wet with his saliva. Her heart pounded in realization. Her eyes trembled with mixed emotions. She tried to get off of him, but he refused to let her completely get off him as she was still lying on him with her elbows creating a distance between them.

"Do you understand now?" ZhangWei teased with a smile, and his eyes showed great love. Of course, she knew. She wasn't stupid not to know how he felt or how she felt.

She wiped his saliva off her lips with her sleeve as her cheeks still felt like they were burning. He didn't need a word to confirm her feelings since her face said it all. He reached out to touch her face, but instead, she grabbed his hand. "Hm?" ZhangWei said, noticing the mixed emotions in her eyes.

"ZhangWei," Xiaomei said very tenderly. ZhangWei smiled and tilted his head before interlocking his fingers with hers. "Listen to me first before you start assuming things and interrupting me, alright?" Xiaomei said, seriously and extremely cautious. He could tell how nervous and serious she was. It wasn't her usual act.

"Alright. I will listen to you entirely," ZhangWei said genuinely. They both looked into each other's eyes.

"I-I can't accept your love because I want you to find someone else," she said, avoiding his eyes. ZhangWei wanted to interrupt but remembered his words and kept quiet.

"Once these Zhou Haitou matters are over, I'll be leaving. Somewhere far away. I-I don't want you to wait for me," she finished and avoided looking at him. Even though she wasn't sure if the end would take her back or not. She didn't want to risk having any heartache because she would be the only one to have the memories of them whenever she goes back since he was not a real person but a side character from a book.

"Then I will follow you. You silly cat," ZhangWei answered, lifting her chin to make her look at him. She saw his genuine teasing eyes as she sadly smiled. "I will be going somewhere so far that you won't be able to find me. You can't even go there with me," she said, looking into his eyes.

He deeply stared into her sad eyes and said, "Why are you leaving?"

"Simply because," she answered.

"If that's the case, then I will continue to love you to the end of my days," he said wholeheartedly.

"I don't want that," she quickly said, looking at him with great heartache.

"Why does it matter to? You're the one leaving me," ZhangWei acted seriously but was actually teasing her because he wanted to see how she would react. He wasn't stupid. He knew she loved him too.

"I-I," she didn't know what to say because it was true; she had no right since she was the one leaving him. "You stubborn cat, are you talking about the poison in you? Are you worried that it will unfreeze and you will die?" ZhangWei said, creasing her head. She didn't respond and remained quiet. "Dummy, didn't I say I will find a cure for you? Don't worry. I will search high or low to find you a cure," he seriously said.

She didn't know how she could make him understand without telling the truth. If she really did tell him the truth, he would probably think she was a demon or a crazy person or even ruin the storyline. However, there wasn't any possible way to explain to him so he could truly understand.