Chapter 16

A couple of days passed by, and Xiaomei was thinking about how she can follow the storyline and not actually try to kill Baozhai or do evil, murderous things. She needs to find an assassin to at least scare Baozhai, so she doesn't change the story. "I could ask Bao...?" she said.

Before she could think more, the door burst open. "Huang Daiyu, you will be coming with us!" a guard said and grabbed both of her arms.

"Let go of my lady," LiMei yelped and tried to pry their hand off Xiaomei.

"What's the meaning of this?" Xiaomei said as they were dragging her out.

"You are summoned to accept your crime of poisoning Miss Baozhai," the guards roared.

"What? Poisoning.... Baozhai!" Xiaomei trying to comprehend as it's only been two months. She doesn't get framed until it's three months in the story.

"Do your talking to the emperor!" the guard said and continued to drag her.

"My lady didn't do anything," LiMei pleaded and clung to one of the guards' legs to stop her. The guard kicked her off of him.

"LiMei!" Xiaomei cried out and struggled to break free. "I will go on by myself! After I helped my maid up." Xiaomei sent chills to the guards as they released her. Xiaomei bent down to help LiMei up. "LiMei, stay here. Don't worry. I'll be fine," she said.

"But, miss...," LiMei said, worried and clung her hand onto Xiaomei's arms and didn't want to let go.

"It's okay," she reassured her before slipping LiMei's hand away. She said firmly, "Lead the way." One of the guards led the way and the other one was behind her, making sure that she didn't run away. She followed, but her mind was completely distracted. She didn't understand why the story has changed, she hasn't changed the story too much. The story barely spoke about her in the book, so she didn't really know what she was doing most of the time. She took a deep breath and prepared herself for the worse. All it matters now is that she doesn't die now.

Once she entered the Emperor's court and was standing in front of the emperor.

LiJie hollered at her, "Huang Daiyu, how vile of you to poison Baozhai!"

"Huang Daiyu, accept your crimes! You evil-hearted human! Knee in front of the emperor!" ChuHua shouted.

"I refuse to accept these crimes against me. I did no such thing to Zhou Baozhai," Xiaomei said.

"How dare you! Not accept your crimes!" ChuHua shouted.

"Silence!" the emperor ordered, as ChuHua became quiet. "Huang Daiyu, how could you..." the emperor said, softly and disappointed.

"Your majesty, believe me, I did not do such a thing. I will put life on the line," Xiaomei said, putting her hand up.

"Your majesty, don't believe her,'' LiJie said.

Xiaomei turns her head and looks at LiJie and ChuHua before saying, "How was she poisoned, and when did it happen? Please explain the whole situation before pointing fingers." For some reason, LiJie and ChuHua had chills run down their spines as Xiaomei shot them a glare.

"She was poisoned this morning from drinking tea," the emperor said.

"And you all frame me that I put something in her tea? How can I possibly poison her tea?" Xiaomei said.

"We have a witness that said they saw you put poison in Baozhai tea," LiJie said. "Bring her in!" He commanded. Then a low-rank maid entered the room as she went on her knees.

"Your majesty, please spare me. I-I ....," the maid said, scared.

"Tell us what you saw," the emperor said, seriously.