Chatper 58

ZhangWei immediately blocked her face with his hand to cover his treasure. He didn't want her to show her true expression to anyone. He grew sour and felt his heart turning bitter. "You are drunk," he said, hiding Xiaomei's face and taking away the cup from her hand. Once ZhangWei blocked her face, everyone snapped out of their daze.

Xiaomei softly moaned in annoyance at ZhangWei's hand and tried to get rid of his hand. Her low soft moan echoed in all their ears, scratching a warm sensation in their hearts as if it was bringing them back into a daze. "I'm not drunk," Xiaomei denied it, but her face was written 'totally drunk'. Her body slightly swayed a bit as ZhangWei was quick to hold her.

Before anyone could speak again, Xiaomei continued to rant about what she had in her heart. "The story is finally moving. I can go home. I'm so tired," she let out a sigh of breath. They didn't understand what she was talking about, but she didn't seem to notice their confused looks and continued. "You knew how tiring it was."

Xiaomei then looked at LiJie, "Like you, stop staring at me. If you have something to say, then say it! Also, stop being a cold-hearted ignorant jerk. Express your feelings better." She looked at Baozhai, "You, open your eyes like didn't you see how odd your uncle was looking at you? Also, speak your mind. Sometimes you are so quiet."

She then went on to the next person, Bojing. "You too. Stop staring at me. Stick to your girl. Geez. No offense. I'm happy for both of you, but how long were you going to realize your feelings?" She breathed out of exhaustion.

She looked at Chuhua, "You, I'm happy for you, but stop being short-tempered. Take some time to think before saying anything because sometimes what you say can be slightly annoying." Xiaomei breathed a sigh of relief as if she finally got out all of the complaints that she had been holding inside.

After expressing her frustration, she laid her head on the table. She quietly mumbled in exhaustion. Everyone was speechless and bewildered as they stared at her, frozen in place.

Xiaomei then noticed the tall man sitting beside her. Her eyes glanced up to see the handsome face with his beauty mark shining in the light as he was staring at her. Her hazy eyes dimmed. She slowly raised her finger to point at him and drunkenly said quietly, "Y-you...mustn't fall for me...I c-can't stay... If I remember correctly, Zhou Haitou probably has-"

"You are drunk," ZhangWei said, stopping her from finishing her sentence as it was best not to expose her any more than she already did. He pulled her off the table and close to his chest. They snapped out of their confused thoughts and were about to say something, but ZhangWei interrupted them before they could spit out a word. "Since she is drunk, I'm taking her back," he said. He carried her in a princess style before walking away from the table without glancing back. The remaining people at the table remained silent as they were left speechless. They couldn't tell what was more shocking, Xiaomei spouting nonsense and criticizing everyone, or how enchanting her expression was as if she looked so loveable exposing her true relaxed face.

----
"You drunk," ZhangWei softly scolded her after he placed her on the bed in his room. Once her body touched the bed, she immediately rolled to her side and pulled the blanket up to her face. She closed her eyes and started nuzzling her face against the blanket smiling in delight. His eyes were surprised to see her cute little action. Her rosy cheek against the blanket made her face look adorable. A smile appeared on his face and softly chuckled. "Look at you. Being so silly." He poked her forehead. She wrinkled her forehead in annoyance. He smiled brighter and said, "It's nice to see your vulnerable expression." He continued to poke her head.

Her eyebrows frowned, and she grabbed his hand to stop him. Instead of swatting his hand away, she pulled his hand to her as she hugged his arm, causing him to sit on the bed with her.

His eyes widened as she started to nuzzle her face against his hand. She smiled brighter as she rubbed her face against his hand. He sat bewildered, but then she pulled his arm to get it closer to her, forcing him to lay on the bed with her. "Alright. Alright," he softly coaxed her as she started to grumble because she felt his hand wasn't listening to her. He lay on his side as he was facing her.

Once his body lay on the bed, she nuzzled again before she drowsy opened her eyes and stared at him. Her eyes were hazy, but her focus was on him. Even though her eyes were hazy, they still gleamed.

"You little drunk. You are not allowed to drink with others. Only me got that," he said, seriously as his heart was itchy in irritation, just thinking of other men seeing her vulnerable expression.

"B-but I always do?" she innocently said, tilting her head in confusion.

Immediately, his gaze turned dark. "With who?" he said deadly.

She was silent for a moment as she was having a hard time thinking. "J-Jianyu," she said softly as she remembered Jianyu and her would go out for drinks when they had a long stressful day at work.

"Who?" ZhangWei's voice turned into ice. He removed his hand from her grasp and pinched her chin. She frowned her eyebrows. "J-Jianyu," she repeated herself.

"Huang Daiyu, do you know what you are saying?" he said, extremely upset. "You dare say another man's name in front of me, "he said deadly. Xiaomei didn't like the pain she was feeling on her chin and started to pout and frown in frustration. Since she didn't like the pain, she opened her mouth and bit the hand that was gripping her chin.

He chuckled in amusement but in a low, deadly tone and said, "You dare bite me after you are in the wrong."

She couldn't escape his grasp. So the only thing she could do was stare at him as her eyes got teary. She looks like an innocent child being bullied. Her big watery eyes make one heart break from looking at them. Immediately his anger dissipated, and his heart softened.

"You little brat," he sighed, feeling wrong for hurting her. Once he let go of her chin, she wrapped her arm around his waist and nuzzled her face against his chest as she started to softly whimper.

"Alright. Alright. I'm sorry," he coaxed her and wrapped his arms around her. She still felt wronged and bit his chest in anger. "I'm sorry," he said softly, enduring the pain and patting her back.

She soon loosened her teeth and was no longer angry as she was starting to feel tired and didn't have the energy to be angry. She started to move closer and rub herself on him. Instantly, his eyes jumped, and he tried to move away from her. However, she refused to let him go.
"Huang Daiyu," ZhangWei said firmly, trying to create a distance between them. However, she didn't seem to hear him and continued to get in a comfortable, warm position. "Y-you-," he tried to speak, but no words could express what he was feeling now.