Chapter 54

"I-I had this dream," Xiaomei said. ZhangWei raised an eyebrow before shifting his head to look at her, "A dream?" He didn't consider her to be superstitious.

"Mmh, a dream," she said, nodding her head. "It was like an unimaginable dream," she added, looking deep into his eyes while he quietly listened to her.

"In the dream, I was living as another person. The name I had there was Li Xiaomei. I had a lovely family and home to go to. During my days, I spend my time working as an editor, and in my free time, I read books. My life there was pretty content. I was very pleased with it. However, one day I was reading a book called Tangled Thread, and the next thing I knew I was trapped inside the book. It felt like I was in another world. A non-existing world where I knew the entire story. However, in the original story, I knew I was destined to die. Therefore, I tried my best to survive to the very end in hopes of returning to the real world where I am called Li Xiaomei, but then I-I woke up... but what I find amusing is that my current reality, as Huang Daiyu, is the same as my dream. Could it be that I'm not Huang Daiyu and may disappear one day," Xiaomei finished telling her "so-called dream" as she hoped he would think she was a superstitious nut, but to her surprise, she found him sleeping as if it was like a bedtime story for him. She scoffed in disbelief.

She looked down and noticed the small beauty mark under his right eye. She reached over there and touched the small beauty mark. "This small beauty mark really does make you look cunning but charmingly," she said with a smile. However, her smile didn't take too long to fade away, and she touched his beauty mark again. "Would you believe me if I said that dream was true that I'm not the real Huang Daiyu, but Li Xiaomei?" she softly whispered as she was kind of glad he was asleep because she didn't know how he would react.

She basically told him the truth, but at least she could make it sound like she was a crazy superstitious person, and it was all in her head.

She deeply exhaled as she didn't know what to do next. She hoped he would forget about his confession and move on because she couldn't possibly know how to postpone it any longer.

She... she knew she had feelings for him, but she had to leave since this was a book. However, the thought of him being all alone made her want to stay. "Stupid fox, please move on," she whispered.