Chapter 44

Everyone was back in Zhou Haitou's residence even though he was no longer there. In the small hidden sect, the three physicians were sweating their butts off in treating the three patients as if their lives were on the line.

The sky had turned dark, and the stars lit up the night. The night was silent and cold. There was not a single sound heard. The news shocked every single person in the sect to the point they couldn't utter a single word. They all returned to their homes and hoped to see if they could wake up from this nightmare.

A sound of a blanket rustling was heard in a room, and the person on the bed made a movement. Xiaomei opened her eyes to see a lantern still lit in the room. She turned her head to expect an empty room again. However, to her surprise, she saw Bojing and Chuhua sitting by the table as they were quietly talking.

"How's Wang ZhangWei and Zhou Baozhai," Xiaomei's tried to say as her voice cracked. Bojing and Chuhua quickly turned their attention to Xiaomei.

"Huang Daiyu," he said, getting up and heading toward the bed. Xiaomei tried to get up from the bed. However, her entire body was sore and ached from carrying Zhangwei, and she forgot about her injured hand as she collapsed on the bed again and hissed in pain. Her injured hand was all bandaged up and was now throbbing in pain from when she tried to use it to help her get up.

"Careful," Chuhua said, following Bojing. Chuhua felt bad that she still thought Daiyu was evil, but now she could see how much Daiyu had changed.

"Are you okay?" Bojing said, worried, and tried to reach out to help her up, but Xiaomei didn't seem to notice and used her other hand to help her up. It took her a while as they could see her struggling, but it looked like she didn't want any help, so all they could do was watch her struggle.

"Why are you two here? Why aren't you with Zhou Baozhai?" Xiaomei said, breathless. Her forehead was gleaming from sweat, and her body was exhausted. However, her eyes show great willpower.

"W-we didn't want to leave you all alone since you once again saved Baozhai's life again," Bojing said, concerned. He felt bad, seeing how exhausted she looked.

"Also LiJie is with her. So we know she is safe, while it's best to make sure you are safe too," Chuhua said awkwardly since she knew she was always mean to Xiaomei.

"D-does that mean Zhou Haitou escaped?" Xiaomei said. Bojing and Chuhua went quiet as it answered her question.

"Yes," Bojing finally answered.

She nodded her head and thought, "Of course, he survived. The story still needs him to make the story proceed."

She immediately remembered, "How's Wang ZhangWei?"

"Last we heard was that he is in critical condition," Bojing answered.

"I see," Xiaomei said, pulling the blanket off her.

"Huang Daiyu, what are you doing?" Chuhua asked, worried.

"Huang Daiyu, where are you going?" Bojing asked, worried as well. However, Xiaomei wasn't listening or paying attention to them and struggled to get off the bed.

"Haoyu. Haoyu," she called out. Immediately, he appeared in the room as Chuhua and Bojing were both startled by Haoyu. Bojing was sure he didn't feel another presence with them, but he was falsely wrong in his capabilities.

"What do you need, Miss Daiyu," Haoyu asked.

"Take me to your Young Master, " she said, standing on her two feet.

"Miss Daiyu, it's best for you to rest before visiting Young Master," Haoyu said, seeing her exhausted state.

Xiaomei stared at him and said, "Haoyu, take me to him." Haoyu couldn't utter another word or refuse her. He nodded his head and started to escort Xiaomei, but Bojing said, "Huang Daiyu, you still need to rest to recover."

"Yes," Chuhua agreed with Bojing.

"I'm fine. No need to worry," Xiaomei said weakly and followed Haoyu at a slow pace as she felt each ache and strain on her body, but she still carried on.

"Huang Daiyu, wait," Bojing said, stopping Xiaomei and Haoyu from leaving. She turned her head to look at him again.

"I-I'm sorry... for not believing you and getting you hurt. I'm sorry," Bojing said with his expression showing great regret.

"Yes, me too. I'm so sorry, Huang Daiyu," Chuhua said with great sorrow.

Xiaomei could see how greatly they were remorseful. She paused for a minute before she smiled gently and said, "It's alright." When they saw her light smile, they could feel the genuineness in her smile that brought great warmth to their heart as the guilt vanished.

"Let's go together," Bojing's mouth opened and spoke without him, realizing it.

Chuhua nodded quickly as well, without her knowing it.

Xiaomei was slightly shocked to see how they were reacting. "It's fine. You two should go check on Zhou Baozhai and then head to bed since today was a long day," Xiaomei said with a smile. They wanted to say something, but Xiaomei smiled before leaving with Haoyu. They stood there in awe. Xiaomei's smile was so light and gentle.